Chapter Eight: Birthday Boy

Author's writing songs:
Heavydirtysoul - TOP
November Rain - GunsN'Roses
Liberate - Disturbed

--
Seokjin woke in a disorientated haze. His throat felt hoarse from sobbing, his eyes stinging from the remnants of tears still dancing at the edges of his vision. He knew Namjoon had left earlier that morning for rehearsals, but the leader hadn't been able to encourage the older to wake.
He was so confused.
Swinging his legs over the side of the bed, he stumbled to his feet and inched his way slowly into the bathroom, every muscle in his body screaming out in remembrance of practice the afternoon before. Letting the warm water of the shower cascade over his bare back, he allowed his thoughts to wander aimlessly.

By the time he stepped out of the shower, spending far too long in the comforting space, he had thought things through from a new perspective. His thoughts still needed more time to process and there was a lot that needed to be figured out, but he finally knew what his answer to Namjoon would be.

*
Whilst Seokjin was incredibly confused, battling his wondering thoughts in the confines of his bathroom shower, Joon's mood was a little lighter. Having had a little cry about the whole ordeal, he begun to think through the incident more rationally, attempting to put himself into the older's shoes.
"Namjoon!"
When he wasn't tripping over his own.
"Let's take a break." The choreographer sighed, smiling at the group. But the leader knew behind those eyes lay some disappointment that could only possibly be directed at him. He'd been doing so well... But Seokjin had kept creeping into his thoughts. The warm eyes... The feeling of his lips-

"-Joonie are you alright?" Jimin glided over, wrapping two arms around his best friend and forcing the rapper to sit on the floor against his chest. With a huff, Joon suddenly drew his mind back to when he was in Jiminie's position, comforting a sobbing teenager who had just admitted his involvement with an older BigHit stylist. Should he tell Jimin? He'd already come out to him... Rather accidentally when reassuring a distressed singer upon a hotel bed in a small cramped room at four o'clock in the morning.

Jimin had pitifully collapsed after a horrendous argument with his boyfriend, who believed he'd cheated with the lead stylist of Exo, one Park Ji-Seok. Having carried him to the room he shared with Taehyung, he had allowed the young singer to curl into Sae-mi's arms and gently sob himself to sleep. At the thought of the young woman, he felt a tinge of sympathy race through his system. His eyes involuntarily drifted towards Hoseok. Young love, he thought bitterly, shattered by the cruelest of things.

He'd walked in on them that night, the stunning stylist had fallen asleep leaning heavily into Hoseok, the fingers of her right hand tightly intertwined with their dance leader's. Gently waking them for long enough to alert them of his presence, he encouraged the two to get some rest and carried a still sobbing Jimin to his room. As far as he knew, the pair had instantly fallen asleep again in each other's arms.

That was when he'd accidently admitted his sexuality.

*

"I wish I could offer you more substantial relationship advice Jiminie," he spoke soothingly, engulfing the now calmer young singer in a tight bear hug.
"But in all honesty, I've never been with a guy long enough to form a commitment."

*

Namjoon hadn't actually realised he'd admitted he wasn't straight until Jimin had looked at him with a wide, stunned expression, his mouth slowly opening and closing as if with the intention to imitate a breathless fish.
At least it had rid him of the last of his tears.

But he couldn't tell him. Not here. Not now. It was too risky to say anything remotely associated with his sexuality within the confines of the dance studio. And besides, he didn't want to place Seokjin in an uncomfortable position. If their kiss had just indeed been some adrenaline driven action on his side, with not an ounce of attraction present, telling Jimin of its happening would almost be as if providing misinformation about the older's feelings. And his sexuality.