Chapter Twenty: Flying Time

Author Writing Songs:
In The Rain - The Rose
Serendipity - The one who saved me
Speechless - Naomi Scott

*

Sorry bit of a time skip. 

Bold is English

-
"Bangtan!"
"Bangtan!" The chorus of members voices followed Namjoon's amid the bustle of staff, each pair of eyes glued to the incredibly professional artists who, upon finishing their backstage ritual, turned to the steps leading up to the stage with confident, motivated expressions.

Taking a deep breath as his feet hit the unlit stage, Seokjin's heart pounded as announcement rang out across the arena, "BBMAs 2018! Are you ready for... B... T....S!"

***
By mid 2018, Kim Seokjin was convinced he had lost control of time. From the moment of winning at MMA and MAMA again, the heavy, emotional tears that followed were accompanied by a manic whirlwind of press events and promotions for their new album, future appearances in America and of course, their world tour. Journalists were travelling from all corners of the globe, demanding inside access to their dance rehearsals, BTS to appear doing hilarious challenges or, even once, for the band to sit and answer questions surrounded by tiny puppies.

2018 had begun with a small vibrant spark and it had simply continued building uncontrollably, gathering in intensity and size so by their Fake Love performance on the BBMA stage, the eldest reckoned this light was now the size of the sun. And although it brought challenges, intense hardships, injury and mental strife, he knew not a single one of them would exchange their lives for anything.

Once leaving America in month or so, after intense promotions, tour rehearsals and music recording, they would have less than two months before their 'Love Yourself' tour kicked off. The older barely had any time to think. Which, Seokjin was grateful for.

He and Namjoon had not mentioned a single word associated with 'relationship' or 'sexuality' since that emotional night in November 2017. As promised to each other, both had returned to their best friend roles with not a single wish to listen to Min Yoongi's mutterings of frustration, nor disbelief that either had switched off their emotions towards each other as swiftly as they showed externally.

It had been clear from early on in 2018, that the two of them desperately wished to be together again. Or so, Seokjin hoped that's what he had read from Namjoon's expressions. They'd even had a few close calls when particularly drunk, or emotional. Both rapper and singer now had a very large list of debts owed to one Mr Agust D for sensing the situation and dealing with it before something got incredibly messy.

But these thoughts had flooded Seokjin's mind on that very day for a particular reason. And his heart had not just been pounding from the intense nature of their performance. Sonething had happened... Something had been said... Almost.

-
Namjoon was experiencing intense frustration. Had it not been the BBMAs, this frustration might have been only mild. However, due to the racing nerves already flooding his system, every one of his emotions was significantly heightened.

Why was he frustrated? Because Jikook had almost been caught. And even though Alex and Drew hadn't seen anything in particular, it was inherently clear that they'd noticed the shuffle of panic from the boys and knew what had happened, anyway.

None of the BTS members minded Jungkook and Jimin being a little affectionate in the confines of the changing rooms. All the staff present knew they were together and as it calmed both maknae and intense perfectionist down, everyone actually encouraged it. In response of this, Jikook were respectful of the nature of their actions, so no one really cared anyway.