11. Excitement

Hero's POV

"I'm pregnant." She says fastly and she tightly closes her eyes. My eyes grow wide and I suck in a breath, almost chocking on it. She's pregnant? Oh my gosh! That's why she was acting so weird, and why she wouldn't drink the champaign that I gave her. But why would she be so nervous to tell me? Was she afraid that I would leave her?

I'm suprised... and excited. Her eyes are still closed so I press my lips against hers and she gasps a little. I pull back and her eyes are still closed. "Look at me Jo." I say and she slowly opens her eyes to look at me. Her eyebrows knit together in confusion.

"You're not mad?" She asks and I cock my head a little. "Why would I be mad baby? This is a good thing." I say and before I can say anything else, she launches herself into my arms and hugs me tightly. I hug her back and she sighs. I feel something wet on my neck and I look down at her. She's crying.

"Why are you crying baby?" I ask her and she opens her eyes to look at me. "I-I thought that you would be mad, then leave me." She says and closes her eyes again. Why would she think that I'll leave her. I told her that I wanted a life with her.

"I wouldn't leave you because you are pregnant. I love you and I want this. I want a family... with you." I say and she looks up at me. Her tears are still coming down so I wipe them away. I lean down and kiss her slowly. When I lean back, I see Anna in the hallway, staring at us with her hands clasped together and a smile on her face.

"How long were you standing there?" I ask and Jo turns around, looking at her. "Long enough." She says and walks toward us. "I'm so happy for you two. I always thought that you two were endgame." She says and both Jo and I laugh at her statement.

She comes over and sits down in the chair opposite us. She looks at Jo who is in my arms and I start to think about it a little. "Wait... you told Anna before you told me?" I ask and look at Jo who is curled up in my arms. "Yep, and your mum." She says and my eyes widen.

"I had to tell someone Hero. I had to get it off my chest and get some advise. Your mum was the first one that I told. I was scared." She rushes and my eyes soften. "I'm not mad. I just don't understand why you would be scared that I would leave you." I say and she calms down a little.

"I thought that you wouldn't be ready. When you gave me the ring, you said that we'd be rushing if you would've proposed." She says and I think about marriage. It's defenetly time to get her a ring and propose. We're both ready and we're going to be parents. I can just imagine how perfect it will be. Jo and I, living in a little house in London, a little boy playing soccer outside while Jo and I are sitting on a bench. She'll have her head on my shoulder and rubbing her belly that has our little girl on the way.

"Hello. Earth to Hero." Jo says snapping her fingers infront of my face. I snap out of my daydream and smile at her. I wrap my arms around her and bring her closer to me. "I'm ready for this. I want a life with you and I want us to have a family. I love you and I'm never going to leave you." I say and she hugs me. I look over at Anna who has tears in her eyes, looking at us.

"What's wrong with you?" I ask and she smiles. Jo turns her head to look at Anna too and tears run down Anna's face.

"I'm so happy for you two. When you two met, you instantly hit it off and I always hoped that you two would get together." She says and Jo looks at me with a smug expression. "Well it took a little while because of someone who's name isn't to be spoken." She says and I look down at her, smiling a little.

"What all did I miss. I know about the dinner, the tub, and then everything with Sam. What else happened between you two?" Anna asks and I take a deep breath, sighing. "Well, we had a one night stand, then I told him that it was a mistake, he said I was his rebound when his girlfriend cheated on him and then he told me he loved me one night. We both went to the same party, and he said that who he slept with wasn't my business, which I replied to saying that it does because I loved him. Then I left, he slept with a girl, he kissed me, then he left because I couldn't trust him, he got hit by a car, I went to see him, he hurt me, I came back and got with Sam,he came back and told me that Sam was cheating on me and then I got with him." She says and is out of breath by the time she finishes.

I'm looking down at my hands that are intertwined with hers and I hear Anna get up from the chair. She walks over to me and stands directly infront of us. I look up at her and her face is twisted in confusion. "What?" She exclaims and I open my mouth to say something but Jo beats me to it. "What I'm saying is that a lot has happened and it took a while for us to realise that we are meant for each other." She says and I look over at Jo.

"How did he react when you told him about the bathroom thing?" She asks and I look up at her again. "Uhmm... I'm right here, you could just ask me." I say and Anna shoots me a death glare. "I'm kinda pissed about all she just told me so hush." She says and I cower back on the couch, tightening my grip around Jo's waste.

"He blamed himself." Jo answers for me and I just think. If I would've just told her how I felt at the dinner that night, all of this pain could've been avoided. Everything that Jo has been through because of me could've been avoided. She wouldn't have drowned and she wouldn't have been cheated on. A tear runs down my face and lands on Jo's back. She turns around and looks at me in confusion.

"Why are you crying?" She asks and I shake my head. She looks back to Anna who is also looking at me. "It could've been avoided." I say quietly and they both stare at me in confusion. "All of the pain that you've been caused could've been avoided." I say and Jo brings my hand to her lips and kisses it.

"How do you figure?" She asks after she takes my hand away from her lips. "If I had just realized how I felt about you sooner. Or if I would've told you how I felt at the dinner." I say and she stares at me intensly. Her face is unreadable and I'm not sure how she feels. She isn't saying or doing anything.

"Yeah but if you had realized it sooner, would we be this happy?" She asks and I sit up a little. "But if I had realized it sooner, you wouldn't have hurt so much with everything that I put you through." I rush out and she puts her finger over my mouth to keep me quiet.

"We shouldn't be thinking about the what ifs. We are happy now, we are together. Whatever happened in the past doesn't matter because it is what molded our future together." She says and I sigh. She does have a point. If everything that happened didn't happen, what would our future hold? Would it be better? Or would it be way different from what we have now?

"You do have a point." I say quietly and she smiles. She leans over and kisses me softly while Anna is just staring at us in disbelief. We pull back and look at her.

"How could you two love each other so much after all that has happened?" She asks and Jo and I look at each other. Jo smiles and looks back at Anna. "Because we are each others true love. Only true love can heal the pain from the past." She says and I smile, pulling her close to me, and hugging her tightly.

____________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note

I'm so sorry that it took so long guys. I just haven't had the time or inspiration for this story. I've also been working on other stories but I don't know if I want to publish them or not. I hope that you are enjoying these story. And it would really help me out if you could give me some ideas for this story. I would be open to any suggestions that you have.

I love yall, enjoy!!!!