9. Explanation

Hero's POV

"Jo? Jo baby are you there?" I ask rushing my words. "What do you want Hero?" I hear a woman ask, but it isn't Jo. It's Anna. "Anna? What are you doing with Jo's phone?" I ask worriedly. "Because she's here with me Hero." She says and I sigh.

"Please. Let me talk to her Anna." I say and I hear her mumble something away from the phone. "She doesn't want to talk to you Hero." She says and I start to panic. "Then put me on speaker phone!" I say worriedly. "No." She says and I scream into the phone.

"Jo! I was drugged! Nicole drugged me! She came in when you left, I thought it was you but before I could actually see who it was, she gave me a shot of something!" I yell and I hear the phone being passed around. "That is the craziest excuse ever." Jo yells at me and I sigh. "I have a video baby. You can see me laying on the couch not able to move. You can even hear me telling her to stop." I say fastly trying to make her believe me.

"Baby you have to believe me. I love you, I love you more than anything." I say and I don't hear anything on the other end of the line. "I fought so hard to have you, I wouldn't cheat on you." I say but still don't hear anything. Tears run down my face and I can't control it.

"I made a promise to you. I promised that I would never hurt you again, that I would be faithful to you and to love you with all of my being." I say saying the words through my sobs.

"Jo.... baby. Please, I love you. I would never do this to you, I love you to much to do this." I say and I still don't hear anything. I hang my head low and cry.

"Send me the video." She says and I raise my head. "Okay." I say and shake my head franitcally like she can see me. I walk over to the video camera and I tell Jo to wait while I record the video with my phone. I finish it and I send her the video.

"Okay. I sent it." I say and I don't hear anything for a while. Then I hear faint sobs coming through the phone. I give her a few minutes and she doesn't stop crying since I sent her the video. She calms down a little and I hear her sniffle.

"Hero." She says quietly and I raise my head from my hands. "Yes baby." I say and she sniffles again. "Will you come here." She asks slowly and I smile a little. "Yes baby. I will come to where you are. I'll be there in a few hours." I said and I hear her say a weak okay. "I love you, Jo." I say and she sniffles again. "I love you, Hero." She says softly and I hang up with a smile on my face.

****

Josephine's POV

After I saw her on top of him without a shirt, I thought that he was cheating on me. I couldn't breath, it hurt so much. I cried outside of the door for about 5 minutes, then I bought a plane ticket and I met Anna at her place. I didn't call before I showed up but she still welcomed me with open arms.

"Jo. What a suprise, I didn't expect to see yo-" She said but stopped right in the middle of her sentence. "What happened?" She asked and I ran into her arms, crying. She pulled me into her flat and we sat on the couch.

"He cheated on me Anna." I said but then I remembered that she didn't know Hero and I were dating. "Who did Jo?" She asks and I wipe my tears away but more came. "Hero." I choke out and her mouth falls open. "You and Hero are dating." She gasps and I wanted to scoff but I couldn't. "Not anymore. He cheated on me Anna." I said and she looks at me with sympathy.

She asks when Hero and I started seeing each other and I told her everything. I told her about Sam, Sam cheating on me, then when I got with Hero and now that he cheated on me. I was crying so much and I couldn't think straight. I wiped my eyes again and I felt my phone in my back pocket buzz. I pull it out and saw Hero's name flashing but I sat it face down on the couch.

"Is that him?" Anna asked and I nodded. It started buzzing again a few seconds later and I took a deep breath, sighing. Anna reached over and grabbed my phone, answering. She turned up the volume and held it to her ear.

"Jo? Jo baby are you there?" He asks and a tear rolls down my face at his use of the word 'baby'. "What do you want Hero?" Anna asked and I could hear the surprise in his voice when he said Anna's name.

"Anna? What are you doing with Jo's phone?" He asks and Anna's quick to answer. "Because she's here with me Hero." She says and I hear him sigh. "Please. Let me talk to her Anna." He says and Anna pulls the phone from her ear asking if I wanted to talk to him. "No." I say and shake my head.

"She doesn't want to talk to you Hero." She says. "Then put me on speaker phone!" He yells and I shake my head again. "No." She says and I hear him start yelling.

"Jo! I was drugged! Nicole drugged me! She came in when you left, I thought it was you but before I could actually see who it was, she gave me a shot of something!" He yells and my mouth falls open. I scoot over and grab the phone from Anna, putting it on speaker phone.

"That is the craziest excuse ever." I yell and he sighs. "I have a video. you can see me laying on the couch not able to move. You can even hear me telling her to stop." He says and another tear rolls down my face. "Baby you have to believe me. I love you, I love you more than anything." He says and I don't say anything, I look over at Anna and she has tears in her eyes.

"I fought so hard to have you, I wouldn't cheat on you." He says and I close my eyes. After a few seconds, he talks again, this time hitting so close to home. "I made a promise to you. I promised that I would never hurt you again, that I would be faithful to you and to love you with all of my being." He says and I open my eyes, looking at the phone.

"Jo.... baby. Please, I love you. I would never do this to you, I love you to much to do this." He says and I try to think of anything to say other than tell him that I love him too. "Send me the video." Is all I thought to say and he tells me okay. "Okay, I sent it." He says and a few seconds later, my phone dings.

I pull his message up and look at the video. It shows her walking back over to Hero who is just laying on the couch. She sits on his lap and he tries to move his arms to push her off of him but she just puts his hands on her waist. A few seconds later, she climbs off of him, pulls his pants off, along with her shirt. She climbs back on him and runs her hands up his torso.

I cover my mouth and tears roll down my face when I hear the vase in the background shatter and her yelling at me to get out. She climbs off of him and she disappears which was when she pushed me out. She walks back over to him and leans down close.

"Well that ruined the mood. I'll be back baby. Don't worry, we'll finish what we started." She says and I start crying. About a minute or two passes and I sniffle, trying to find my words.

"Hero." I say quietly. "Yes baby." He whispers to me and I close my eyes. "Will you come here." I ask slowly and I sniffle again. "Yes baby. I will come to where you are. I'll be there in a few hours." He says and I mumble an okay to him. "I love you, Jo." He whispers and I smile a little. "I love you, Hero." I say softly and he hangs up the phone.

Anna is staring at me and her face breaks into a smile. "Wow." Was all she said and I look at her confused. "What do you mean wow." I ask and she shakes her head. "He fought so hard to get you to understand. He really loves you." She says and I sigh. "And I love him." I say and look down. Should I tell her, she is one of my best friends. I should.

"Anna?" I ask and look up at her. "Yes." She says and I sigh. "I have to tell you something." I say and she cocks her head a little.