3. Family Dinner

Josephine's POV

I wake up the next morning with Hero on top of me. I was so tired yesterday, the jetlag really got to me. I look at Hero who is peacefully sleeping on top of me, and I try to roll him off of me without waking him. I push him off gently and he groans a little.

"Sorry baby." I whisper and he mumbles something. I walk to the door and slowly open it, walk down the stairs and into the kitchen. I gasp when I see Martha, Mercy and Titan all sitting in the kitchen at the island eating
breakfast.

"Good morning love." Martha said and I walk over to them. "Good morning." I say while Mercy and Titan nod at me because their mouths are full. Martha walks over to the coffee pot and pours some in a cup and hands it to me. I thank her and sit at the island by Mercy and Titan.

"So, Jo, mum told me that you were here with Hero when he was in the hospital." She says and I nearly spit my coffee back into my cup. I nod at her and I bring the cup from my mouth.

"Yeah I was here. I live in Australia so whenever I heard that he got hurt, I came right away." I tell her and take another sip of my coffee.

"Why?" She asks and I look at her wierdly. "Why did you come after him? Mum told me that he was in Australia for vacation and came back depressed." She asks and I sigh.

"I came because I love him. After filming our movies, I told him how I felt but he broke my heart. He broke it over and over again. He kissed me the day he left and I told him that I couldn't trust him because he slept with someone the previous night." I say and her eyes go wide. Apparently she doesn't know any of this but I keep going.

"A few weeks later, I see on the news that he got hit by a car. I had been hanging out with someone but the feelings I had for him didn't go away so I came to see him." I say breathlessly and I take a drink of my coffee.

"So why did you leave in the first place if you loved him?" She asks and I set my cup down, getting tired of her questioning me.

"Okay Merc, that's enough." Martha says and Mercy looks at her. "I'm sorry Josephine. I didn't mean to pry at your personal life." She apologizes and I nod. I sigh and decide to answer her question.

"I left because he hurt me again. This time physically and he triggered the anxiety that I had burried long ago." I say and she nods with sympathy in her eyes.

"But he found me though. And I forgave him, he helped me through what happened with my cheating ex-boyfriend. Then we became inseperable. We've had our ups and downs since then but like I said, he found me." I say and I hear a voice behind me.

"I always do." Hero says in his raspy morning voice. His voice causes me to jump and he chuckles a little. "Sorry love." He says and leans down to kiss me. We hear someone clear their throat and we pull away.

"Okay you two." Martha says and I look away, my cheeks heating up and turning red. "So, I was thinking, we could all go to the mall today." Mercy suggests and I smile. Hero moans in disaproval and I look up at him. "Oh come on, it won't be so bad." I say and he looks down at me, his eyes softening.

"Anything for you." He says then leans down close to my ears. "But... you'll have to make it up to me. Somehow." He whispers and I gulp. He straightens his back and clears his throat. "Okay, I'm in. I guess." He says and I can't help the nervous feeling in my stomach now.

"Okay well when you get back, I'll have dinner ready." Martha says and we all walk up the stairs to change. Hero and I are getting dressed and as I throw my shirt over my head, I feel his presence behind me.

"So... have you thought about how you're going to make this up to me?" He asks and he kisses my shoulder. My breathing becomes faster and I shake my head no. "Well, I think you should think about what you could do." He whispers close to my ear and he pulls away from me.

"I have a suprise for you tonight when dinner is over with." He says and I try to catch my breath. I nod and clear my throat. "Okay then." I say and finish getting ready. "Okay then." He says back and we walk out of his room.

"Have fun." Martha yells as we walk out of the door.

****

Hero's POV

When we get back home, mum says that she almost has dinner ready so we wait. While we were at the mall, I made Mercy take Jo into a girl store so that Titan and I could go look at the promise rings. I though about getting her an engagement ring and propose to her but I think that is a little to soon.

Don't get me wrong, I love her with all of my heart, and I would propose to her. I just don't want things to go to fast and scare her away. I don't think that it'll happen because she loves me. She loved me a ling time ago, I just couldn't see it.

"What're you thinking about?" Jo asks and I break out of my thoughts. I look at her and smile before answering. "Just thinking about how much I love you." I say and she smiles. I lean in and kiss her softly.

"I love you too." She says and I get an idea. I wonder if she'll actually remember what I'm about to do. "Don't say too. It sounds like you're just agreeeing with me." I say and she pulls back, looking at me. After a second or two, her face breaks into a smile. She leans in again and kisses me. "I love you, Hero." She says between kisses and I can't help but smile.

She remembered. I didn't think that she would. In After We Collided, Hardin didn't like Tessa saying too when she told him she loved him because it sounded like she was agreeing with him. It was one of my favorite scenes from the movie.

My mum yells at us that dinner is ready and we stand up, about to walk into the kitchen. Mercy and Titan walk off, and Jo is about to walk throught the door but I grab her wrist and pull her back to me. She turns around and looks at me confused. I lean down and kiss her again. She smiles and wraps her arms around my waste.

"Come on love birds! I'm hungry!" Mercy yells to us and Jo and I start laughing. We walk into the kitchen and sit down. Jo is beside me, Titan across from me, and Mercy across from Jo. My mum is at the head like usual, the only thing missing is my father. I look at his chair and frown. Jo sees this and she puts her hand on my thigh under the table.

We all start eating and after we are half way done, the door bursts open. I stand up quickly to see who it is, Titan follows me and we stop dead in our tracks when we see who it is.

"Dad? You're home." I say and I walk up to him, hugging him tightly. "So are you son. I feel like I haven't seen you in forever." He says and I pull away from him.

"So where's this girl of yours?" He asks and I chuckle a little. I nod my head towards the table and we walk into the dining room were the girls are.