"Ok I know I just said it but you are so different from your dad! I thought working here would be so strict and boring but I managed to get the best partner out of everyone!" He grinned.

"Damn right you did and don't you forget it!" I joked as we walked out of the building and to my car "oh right where do you wanna eat? It's on me so it doesn't matter where we go" I told him.

"What? Why? I'm the new guy let me pay!"

"Exactly your the new guy so it's my treat. Think of it as a welcoming gift" I told him crossing my arms.

"let's just get subs or something then"

"Ok sounds good" I unlocked my car and got in.

Deidara pov
I was completely stunned to say the least. I had expected the great itachi Uchiha to be a stick up the ass like just his father but he was the complete polar opposite.

He was actually really chill and he even broke the rules just because he could and now he's taking me to lunch!

Itachi Uchiha, genius, top detective of the akatsuki, and heir to the company was taking ME to lunch! For no reason either he's just a nice person!

I had to admit he was really hot too and I couldn't be any more thrilled to be his partner.

We pulled up to a restaurant and I hadn't realized it untill itachi had parked the car. I still had a look of disbelief on my face and I pinched myself to see if i was still asleep.

Itachi laughed at that "what? Did you think I was gonna be a stick up the ass like my father?" He asked upon noticing my lingering surprise.

"Well I mean yeah you're his son after all and whenever I hear about you, you always sound so sophisticated! And your practically a genius and geniuses are usually to smart to have any fun" I exclaimed, waving my hands around for emphasis.

"Well then I'm happy i could prove you wrong" he chuckled before his phone started ringing.

"Oh hey sasuke, you guys are at the mall already? Ok, how's naruto's knee? Ok that's good! Oh yeah he's really nice actually. Tell everyone I said hi!" He said and I heard a loud enthusiastic hi from the other side of the phone.

"hello to you too naruto" he laughed "ok I'll talk to you guys later" He hung up the phone and put it back in his pocket, a small smile still lingering on his face.

"Who was that?" I asked curiously as we walked into the restaurant.

"Oh just my little brother. Him, his friends, and boyfriend are going to the mall and he was just calling me to let me know they left. Oh his boyfriend also has a broken knee but he said it's doing fine"

"Oh you have a little brother? Whats he like?"

"Well he's kinda a stick up the ass like my father but he's nicer if that makes sense. Well actually he's mainly just a jerk to me and dad" he said laughing as we were seated at a table.

"Haha yeah I get it don't worry. If you don't mind me asking how'd his boyfriend break his knee?"

The question seemed to put him on edge "thats a story for a different time I'm sorry" he said smiling nervously.

"No no it's fine!" I said waving my hands infront of my face as I apologized.

"calm down it was just a question" he was wearing an amused grin.

I sighed and relaxed "sorry I just didn't want to make you uncomfortable" i said taking a sip of the water that the waitress had just placed infront of us.

"Oh trust me I had to spend the first half of my life living with my stick in the ass father I'm used to being uncomfortable" he said leading me to choke on my water from laughing.

"Damn you are just going at his throat today" I said wiping tears from my eyes from laughing and choking.

Itachi chuckled along with me "are you ok?" He asked covering his mouth to quiet his laughter.

"Yeah i'm fine" I said taking a taking a deep breath to. We were getting a few glares for being loud but itachi glared back, making everyone turn away quickly.

"I have say you're the funniest person I've got to work with" he stated, taking a sip of his water.

"Oh do I get a medal?" I asked smirking.

"Tch no you don't get a medal you just get bragging rights" he rolled his eyes jokingly.

"I think getting a trophy saying funniest coworker would be great but bragging rights are good I guessssss" I said seeing the waitress approaching us.

"Well then I'll get you your little trophy as your real welcoming gift" he joked and thanked the waitress as she handed us our food.

TBC!

YAY DEIDARA'S HERE!

I HOPE YOU ALL LIKED THIS CHAPTER!!!

LMK WHAT YOU THOUGHT IN THE COMMENTS!

THANKS FOR READING! <3