| Chapter One : The Assassin |

Start from the beginning

Fury is a demon and the third best assasin in the creed after Victor and Dante. Well, it was my place until I kept mucking up with the king case.

I fought the urge to grind my teeth at the nuisance of a demon's words.

Neutral, Kate. Neutral. Fury can rot in hell for all I care. Oh, wait, he is from Hell. Ugh!

"How many times do I need to remind that Kaitlyn will be the only one for this mission, John?" Victor's voice is calm as ever but there's an underlying menace in it.

The one that tells why he's the leader of the creed. As the leader, Victor is free to use our names whenever he so wishes but he only addresses us by our real names when he's being dead serious.

Fury visibly shudders under leader's gaze and I raise my brow a fraction.

He definitely isn't good with schooling his expressions.

Kate : 1 , Fury : 0

"Yes, leader. I apologize." Fury bows his head in surrender.

Leader nods once before looking back at me, "To get into the King's guards, you should have an invite from the palace for the job. The council randomly sends these invites without any record, which is a boon for us."

I nod knowing he has more to say.

"You go to the palace tomorrow and get an invite from the king's chambers." He assigns and I nod again.

More like steal an invite from the king's room but alright. Atleast this job is much easier than killing the king.

"Then once the invite is attained, you shall go the next week for the trials and be accepted. Show them your skills but not all of them." He says and I'm reminded of rule two.

Rule 2 : An assassin should never reveal all of their skills. There should always be a secret skill that can be used for the last strike.

Not that I have one yet. Five hundred years of training and I've been slacking the whole time.

I nod despite myself.

Victor claps his hands in indication that the meeting is over.

Ofcourse, he just gets to the point and then done. Leader doesn't fancy wasting even a minute of his life.

We all stand up to leave once Victor exits the meeting room.

On my way out though, Fury blocks my path. His arm goes in front of my chest preventing me from reaching the doorway.

I pass him one scathing look which has him gulping down a lump down his throat but he schools his features quickly and gives me a haughty look.

"What?" I ask feeling irritated with the man.

I swear the person who gave him the pen name 'Fury' knew his work. 'Cause this demon surely increases my fury level every single time.

"Why don't you give up on the king mission?" He huffs, "It's not like you'd succeed this time either."

I stare at him for a full one minute accessing the pitch blackness of his eyes and the tiny black horns on his grey-haired head before passing him a grim smile, "Are you a psychic?"

"What-"

"Then how'd you know I'd fail?" At my question, his lips forms into a thin line.

Kate : 2 , Fury : still 0.

"Thought so." I say when he doesn't reprimand.

With that, I leave a tongue-tied Fury behind and walk past him, my insides boiling at his words.