"It's fine," Aang said with a smile. "We don't mind. Right, Katara?"

Katara looked at Zuko and Mai. They had some terrible memories together, but she knew that everyone deserved a second chance. Katara, herself, had gotten a second chance. She plastered a smile on her face and said, "The more, the merrier."

Her and Aang sat down at the table with the rest of them. A cup of tea sat in front of her, steaming still. "Now that everyone is here," Iroh said, standing up, "it is time for me to make my speech."

"I thought we were going to eat now!" Sokka said, sounding upset. "I haven't eaten all day in preparation for this."

Iroh chuckled. He looked so much older than he did the last time Katara saw him. New wrinkles had joined the old ones, but there was still a light shining in his eyes as he gazed at all of them. The death of his son had taken a toll on him, sure, but he wouldn't have bought this tea shop without it. Actually, the last time that they all were together was when he had bought this place in this small town near the ocean, and that was about three and a half years ago. He dedicated the opening of the tea shop to Lu Ten and gave every single customer a free jasmine tea because that was Lu Ten's favorite.

"It's been five years since we took down the old oppressive government," Iroh said. He smiled at them, though it was tinged with sadness. "Now, we have a government that cares about the people." 

"Speaking of that oppressive government, my father and sister are still out there," Zuko said, disgust evident in his voice. His hands were slowly turning white as he had them wrapped around his cup of tea. "They've reached out to me multiple times, taunting me."

"We will talk about that later, Zuko," Iroh said to him gently. He turned his gaze back to the rest of the group and continued. "Now, we can vote in each member of the Council based on our preferences. They take all of our thoughts and ideas into consideration to make the world more free and filled with love."

"And we don't have the Games anymore," Katara said, speaking up. "They don't force us to die just for entertainment."

"Yes," Iroh said, nodding. "That too." He fell silent for a second as his eyes grew watery. "We may have lost a lot of people during the Games and the revolt, but we have created a better world for us with their help. We wouldn't be here without them." Iroh lifted his cup of tea up as a toast. The rest of them followed suit. "So, this celebration is for each one who died for this cause. We will remember them for the rest of our lives and keep fighting for justice. When we accomplish everything that we are called to do, it will be in their names. We won't forget them because they were the ones who got us here."

"Cheers!" Sokka said, raising his glass higher into the air. Everyone else said their own 'cheers' as they raised their glasses toward the sky.

She smiled softly to herself as she gazed at each and every single one of them. They all had found happiness, something she had thought they wouldn't have found five years ago. Five years ago, she had been stuck on her pain. She couldn't see in the dark. But light had shed its grace on her, giving her everything that she had ever wanted. She may not have deserved it, but she would accept it and not let her guilt get to her ever again.

While everyone was laughing at something Sokka said, Katara took that chance to slip outside to the balcony. Fresh air filled her lungs, making her smile. She leaned against the railing and stared at the red and blue and purple sky. The sun was slowly setting deeper into the sky. Soon, the light would be snuffed out and darkness would settle around them. It would only be for a little bit, though, and then the light would be back with them. That was just like how life was. No matter how much darkness someone goes through, the light will always come again. Daybreak would shine through the nightfall. 

A soft shadow fell across the balcony, telling Katara that someone had joined her. She glanced behind her and saw Aang walking toward her. "What are you doing out here all alone?" he asked her.

"I'm just thinking about things," Katara answered him. "You don't have to worry. I won't run off again."

"That's good." He laughed softly. "Even if you did run away, I would probably be able to find you."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever."

The two of them smiled together. She hadn't ever been this happy in her life. These people that was here -- even Zuko and Mai -- made her want to get better. She knew that no one would be able to change her, but she wanted to change for them. She wanted to witness what this life had with them, not be stuck in the past of guilt and pain.

She was ready for a future full of light.

And it began right here, with this man and those people in the tea shop.

Darkness had taken over her life for too long.

Now, it was time for Katara to live in the light.

No matter how much pain she had been through, she knew that her future was going to be full of love, not hate. 

Hate had lived in this world for too long, and now it was time for love to reign forever.