Chapter One - Broke

Start from the beginning

I let my hair out of the pony tail and let it just cover my body. Squeezing myself one last time seeing as this is my only comfort. I stood up and turned the shower off. I dried my self dabbing my hair just a little but leaving it to air dry.

I slipped on a pair of Ambercrombie and Fitch ripped skinny jeans and a hot pink tank top and a sweater that zipped up. For shoes I slipped on a pair of black Tom's. After I was dressed I put on my pearl earrings and grabbed my bag off the door and slung it over my shoulder. I groaned slightly as it wacked my back. I walked downstairs and grabbed a banana and walked out the front door.

I pulled my phone out my bag and checked the time I was early it was only 6:45. I decided to walk to school instead of waiting for the school bus which would be here at any minute. I started eating my banana as I walked in the opposite direction of my house. I barely got anywhere before my name was called.

"Mya?"

I turned around to face Alisha. She pulled me into a bear hug. I groaned my upper back and arms were still hurting from the beating .

"You okay, I heard you last night. "

She let go and I finished off my banana wishing I got a bigger one.

"Yeah, I'm fine Alisha ."

"Good. Where are you off to?"

"School. I'm walking today."

"Why if the bus is here? "

I looked to the street and seen the yellow long bus pulling up. "Welp looks like I'm to the backseat then."

She smiled at me. "I love you. "

"I love you to. " I said climbing on to the school bus. Throwing the banana peel in the trash.

Everyone looking at me. Some smiling, some glaring , others speaking their mind and some saying stuff that didn't make sense. I made it to the back and sat in the very last seat on the right looking out the window.

I sighed seeing as it's the first day of school - for me at least. After yesterday my school transferred me to go to school with Alisha instead of Crystal they said I couldn't follow rules so private school isn't for me. Actually I like the thought of a regular school anyways the kids aren't so stuck up and to into themselves. Its weird the transition was quick I shrugged it off they really hated me I guess.

Alisha sat next to me and I smiled at her.

"Oh, the schools moving."

"Huh?"

"Its moving to some campus thing on the other side of town we'll be  living there until were done with school."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"That's like college."

"Oh that's a bonus we pass all our classes here and they pay for our entire scholarship."

"That's weird." I mumbled.

"I don't know about you but I like the idea."

"They tell you why the schools moving?"

"Nope."

I shrugged. At least I don't have to have to deal with Crystal or my mother. I thought to myself

The bus made a few stops after ours and I got a little uncomfortable. I would've taken my sweater off but I remembered the bruises on my arms. I was hot so I just unzipped it leaving it open. Alisha must've noticed I was hot she dug into her bag and passed me a purple and hot pink half shirt with long sleeves. I quickly slipped it on. Not quick enough I'm guessing.