Chapter 18- Laundry

Start from the beginning

"Pretty pissed for like 10 minutes until a couple guys from the football team threw her in the pool, then she spent the entire night flirting with them" Miles says blatantly before realizing his words "sorry"

"It's fine, she's Serena. She flirts with everyone" I assure him, ignoring the little sting in my chest.  I then notice 2 people were missing from the room "where Asher and Addie?"

Just as I ask that, a pile of blankets moves on the couch and a hand sticks up. "Here" Asher mumbles before his snores fill the room.

"Addies in the truck sleeping" Miles snorts, pulling a folder up book from his back pocket. "We tried to get her to come inside but she bit Theo so we left her"

I chuckle as Theo comes back in with a offended look on his face "it hurt, I'm going to get rabies"

"I don't think that's going to happen" Miles replies plainly.

"Okay Mr. Genius" Theo rolls his eyes. Miles, looks defeated and tired.

"I've been dealing with them all night, I'm going to bed." He says, sitting on the recliner with a blanket.

"Sleep! I forgot that existed! I'm gonna go do that!" Theo shouts earning groans from both the other guys. He skips off to his bedroom (falling on the way) and closes his door.

A yawn escapes my lips so I go straight back to Marlees room. Creaking her door open slowly, I walk in. The door clicks shut as I take notice of her.

She's already back asleep, curled up in a little ball facing the door. A smile naturally forms on my face watching her be so peaceful. I slowly creep to the bed.

I lay on the other side of her and she immediately turns over, laying on my chest. Her arm wraps around me and her head nestled into my chest.

Kissing the crown of her head I whisper "sweet dreams Mar"

{~}

"Cameron?! Have you seen my phone?" Dad asks me walking into my room.

"Yeah, I think Ella had it" I tell him, looking up from my phone.

"I swear, ever since she learned to crawl she's been worse than you." He shakes his head, leaning against my doorway.

"Hey! Don't compare me to that little demon." I glare at my father.

We've always been close, dad and I. I've always been lucky to get along with both of my parents. They aren't around a bunch but when they are they are the best parents anyone could ask for.

"That's because she takes after your mother" Dad whispers but not quiet enough apparently.

"I heard that!" Mom yells, stomping into my doorway next to dad. Her face with in a deep scowl.

"You didn't let me finish" dad laughs, wrapping her in his embrace "you're my demon" He kisses her and I look away cringing.

"Mhm, good cover." She grins, shaking her head at my dad.

"Get a room" I mumble, chucking a pillow at them. Mom laughs, her smile was wide and carefree. It's how she always is with dad. They are like 2 teenagers in love.