Valentine's Day Special! (Ayushiki)

"Is this... is this really it?" Yoshiki said under his breath, looking at the house in front of him.

It was the day before Valentine's Day. Satoshi was obviously going to do something for Naomi tomorrow, but Yoshiki thought about starting earlier. He never really liked Valentine's Day himself, anyway.

"Ugh... she probably doesn't like me anyway..." he sighed, staring down to see the flowers and box of chocolates he'd brought along with him. "I should just bring these for Miki-"

"Come on, Yoshiki, man up bro!" a familiar voice cut off his speech.

He snapped his head around. "Satoshi? You followed me? Aren't you going to do something for Naomi anyway?"

At the comment, Satoshi's cheeks turned slightly pink. "Y-yeah, of course," he said quietly. "and I know how fond you are of Shinozaki. Just take the risk and see what happens."

Is he a mind reader? Yoshiki thought to himself. He moved his eyes toward Satoshi, seeing him have a smirk on his face that said, "I was right."

"F-fine, you win," Yoshiki said at last. Satoshi started having a little celebration with himself. "But you have to help me with something," he added. Satoshi's face became serious.

"I need to write a nice note," Yoshiki whispered. "I need your help."

"Not a problem," Satoshi said, and with his help Yoshiki scribbled a quick note.

"Secret admirer?" Satoshi asked. "Why not put your name?"

"I'm not going that far yet!" Yoshiki said, and both of them started laughing. They both rang the doorbell to the estate and sprinted back to Yoshiki's apartment.

******

"Ayumi!"

Ayumi jerked out of her funk and rubbed her eyes. She was still working on her homework that she had received that day. She never wanted to disappoint her classmates, so she spent a lot of time trying to get the answers correct.

Her door flew open, and she shuddered, still trying to get her mind back in with reality. Her sister Hinoe stood in the doorway with a big smile on her face.

"Come downstairs. There's a surprise for you!" she announced. With that, she dashed down the stairs.

"Surprise?" Ayumi inquired, getting up to follow her sister. She gazed wide-eyed at what was on the table. Beautiful, well-selected roses and chocolates were placed. Hinoe was still smiling.

Ayumi blushed at how sweet this seemed. "Aw, Hinoe, you shouldn't have," she said sweetly. "I'll make you something tomorrow to pay you back."

Hinoe started to laugh, which made Ayumi grow confused. "What's so funny?" she asked.

"It's not from me," she said. "Somebody left it on our doorstep."

Ayumi was still in shock. She approached the box, which had a quickly scribbled note that said, "For Ayumi Shinozaki." Her face flushed, wondering who would've done it if it wasn't her sister.

The next part of the note also let curiosity and warmth flood through her veins. Although it was only a simple "Happy Valentine's Day", she was taken back by the next line.

Your Secret Admirer.

"Who would've done this...?" she wondered aloud. She quickly headed back to her room and began to think about who could've sent her this.

"Why can't I think straight?" Ayumi grumbled, frustrated with herself. She gave up and decided to return to her homework.

Hinoe was thinking the same thing as Ayumi when she realized something. "While Ayumi was working hard on homework..." she trailed off before starting again, "a boy was here with a Kisaragi uniform on. "