Ch.45-Scarlett's first birthday

The month of October was hard for everyone, Sirius and Remus both found themselves taking in too many missions to handle, just to keep Ophelia from their minds

The month of October was hard for everyone, Sirius and Remus both found themselves taking in too many missions to handle, just to keep Ophelia from their minds. Since moving into the cottage, Sirius and Ivy had given the guest bedroom to Remus to stay in for the time being. The werewolf would pretend to be okay, put up a good front, but he broke down almost every night and Ivy was the one who could hear him crying through the walls.

Today was different though, today was going to be good. It was going to be good, because today was Halloween, and Halloween meant it was Scarlett's first birthday. 

Ivy had spent to majority of the week buying presents for her daughter and setting up a small lunch for their group of friends. That happy event seemed to even make Sirius somewhat joyous, or maybe it was just another excuse for him to get high. Maybe not an appropriate thing to do at an infants birthday, but it brought him some peace, so Ivy Ann's Sirius let it be.

"Lily and James will be here in 10 minutes, Peter still hasn't got back to me. Did you get her dress yet?" Ivy yelled from her and Sirius shared bedroom, out the door to their daughters nursery.

"Yes dear, and if I have to say so myself, Miss Scarlett Ivy Black looks incredible in blue" Sirius gloated about their daughter as he brought the birthday girl into the room.

Sirius had gone and picked out a navy blue dress with silver stars on it. Scarlett giggled happily while her father spun her around, showing off her dress to her mum.

"I see she's taking after you today" Ivy noted seeing how Scarlett's hair was curly in small black ringlets like her fathers, despite Sirius having the longer hair.

"Maybe she just loves me more. Don't you little fire" Sirius mused, talking to their daughter happily.

"Mm mu mum ma" Scarlett mumbled pointed towards Ivy.

Ivy laughed grabbing the baby and placing her an her hip, but before leaving the room she made sure to stick out her tongue at her husband. "Yeah and who did she just ask for? Suck it!"

"That's your job" Sirius replied back, only for Remus to walk out of his bedroom to only hear the last of the conversation.

"Pads you got her to marry you, don't make her regret it" Remus replied before walking down the stairs to join Ivy and Scarlett in the living room.

Lily and James arrived shortly after Sirius had made his way to the living room. Lily also happened to bring multiple presents for her goddaughter.

Even Molly was kind enough to send over a red knitted baby jumper with a gold S in the centre. Ivy was sure to make Scarlett wear it when the weather became cold.

Lily and James had gotten several outfits for the 1 year old, along with a few plush animals. Remus got a few muggle story books, that Ivy had complained about not having for Scarlett. Ivy had even purchased multiple outfits and sets of shoes, along with decorations for Scarlett's room, but nobody spoiled the poor girl like her father did.

Sirius had gotten not just fancy dresses for the baby to wear, but he had done at least 5 years worth of clothes shopping for their daughter, at least that was one thing Ivy didn't have to worry about was clothes. The one thing that did stick out amongst the piles of toys and clothes however was the collection of astrological themed items. There was a plush blanket with stars and moons all over them and a collections of children's books that talked about that solar system and the constellations.

Although Sirius Black's family might've been made up of a bunch of prejudice pricks, Sirius did always take up the fascination the family had with the sky and he hoped to bring the love for the stars to his daughter as well. After all her father is named after the brightest star in the sky.

It was getting late and Lily and James had deceived for head home. Sirius sat playing with Scarlett while Ivy and and Remus talked over tea.

"Shes going to be like Sirius I hope you know" Remus brought up out of the blue, starring off towards the eldest black son cradling his sleeping daughter.

"I'm aware, but something tells me she's going to be a bit emotional. Plus, I hope she takes after me in some ways" Ivy smiled thinking about all the old visions she used to have of her daughter. Frowning quickly as she recalled how many of them Scarlett was indeed in tears.

Starring back up to meet Remus's eyes even startled the young mother quite a bit, as his eyes resembled the other girl in the visions. Scarlett's best friend, Poppy-Lynn. It made her sick knowing Remus would never get to watch his daughter grow up.

"Let's just hope we win the war now yeah? Last thing we want is for her to grow up in a world run with hatred" Remus stated before getting up. Raising her brow slightly to ask where he was headed, Remus showed her the joint, a pained smile on his face.

The only thing to remind him of Ophelia. Ivy had caught him sleeping with Poppy's baby blanket the other night. She assumed Lia must've left that behind for him, maybe to give him some sense of hope. Because although distraught, Ivy wasn't so sure if the werewolf himself believed his long term girlfriend and daughter were truly deceased. She often wondered if Sirius felt the same, as he had mentioned before that he thought he was suppose to feel different after a twin dies. Sure Ophelia was no longer around, but Sirius could still feel her somewhere, or maybe he was losing it.

Sighing slightly as all these thoughts rushed through Ivy's head, she made her way over to the living room where her husband and daughter were. The one year old was exhausted and passed out in her fathers arms, while Sirius quietly sang.

"But I won't feel blue
like I always do
Because somewhere in the crowd there's you" Sirius sang the lyrics to Super Trouper by ABBA.

"Good song choice. Our daughter better appreciate bloody ABBA" Ivy laughed softly climbing into the spot of the couch next to Sirius.

"Oh she will, she'll appreciate good music. Muggle music" He smiled, leaning down to kiss Ivy's forehead.

"I'm tired!!" Ivy whined like she was back in 2nd year. Sirius chuckled at his wife's actions, bloody child of a woman he thought.

"Sleep love, I'll take you to bed in a bit" Sirius spoke softly as the not wake Scarlett. Moving over slightly, so Ivy could lay down to sleep better beside him.

Although shortly after Sirius himself also feel asleep curled up with Ivy and their daughter resting in his arms. Not wanting to wake his friends- his family, Remus just smiled summoning a blanket to cover the small family before heading up to the guest room.