Ch.39-We protect one another

Despite the growing war outside, Ivy was a peace

Despite the growing war outside, Ivy was a peace. She had a beautiful baby girl who was now reaching 7 months, a loving fiancé, and all her friends and remaining family were alive and well. Even though everything felt okay it wasn't and it was only a matter of time.

It was now the end of May and time for exams, Ivy was currently in the great hall eating breakfast. Scarlett was giggling happily on her mum's lap, while Ivy could barely stay awake.

Ophelia was also seated with Poppy-Lynn. The funny thing was no one was surprised when Lia walked into the great hall with a baby, unlike Ivy and Poppy also seemed to have no problem sleeping, so Lia was her usual sarcastic self.

"Ivy I'm saying this because I love you, you look like shit" Lia laughed sitting across from Ivy, earning her a slice of banana to the head.

"She's been having nightmares, only calms down with mummy and dad" Ivy managed to say through yawns.

Sirius came trudging in along side Remus and Peter, seating himself next to his fiancé. "Good morning love, and good morning little fire have you been good for mum?" Sirius asked directing his attention to his daughter, who just smiled up at her dad.

"Why are you guys talking like that?" Remus asked confused. "It was okay at first but you guys only refer to each other as mum and dad now, is it some type of kink?"

The groups of friends snorted at the ridiculous question. "The only word she's said is Pop. We're trying to get her to at least say mum or dad as her second word" Sirius explained.

Everyone went on eating their food after that, Ivy mostly trying to feed Scarlett, while finishing off a 6th cup of tea.

"James and Lily said they'll babysit, if you want to have a lie down" Sirius offered. Ivy shook her head at the offer. "She'll cry the moment we leave the room" Ivy explained.

"Which is why Lily babysitting is perfect. You guys are twins, you look almost exactly alike" Sirius tried to point out.

"I just want to sleep Sirius, Scarlett can come sleep with me. I'll be fine" Ivy assured before getting up to go have a nap.

At least it was a weekend Ivy thought, she could rest. Scarlett on the other hand was full of energy and wasn't about to let her mum rest. Thank Merlin' Sirius decided to come to the room as well, although the sight before him was amusing.

Ivy was having a hard time trying to convince their daughter to take a nap. Scarlett seemed to get the idea is was play time and was happily giggling and rolling around next to Ivy in the bed, Sirius could see Ivy was frustrated but her daughters smile made it all worth it.

"Little fire you need to let your mother rest" Sirius laughed scooping the 7 month old in his arms.

"I'm fine. She's worth it" Ivy smiled watching the patch of red hair turn to black on their daughters head. "She's mimicking you again" Ivy murmured into her pillow.

"It's not mimicking if it's her natural hair, plus you can't deny my genes are a blessing" Sirius replied back cockily, seating himself next to Ivy on the bed.

"Your brother and cousins seem to think she's going to be blonde, that seems out of the question though doesn't it?" Ivy questioned, turning to face her fiancé, their daughter laying in between.

"It's possibly I mean look at Narcissa. Genetics could counter into that. Plus isn't Petunia blonde" Sirius asked, not noticing the way Ivy flinched at hearing her older sisters name for the first time in a bit over a year.

"Yeah I suppose your right" Ivy slightly laughed, trying to ignore the pain the mention of Petunia brought her. She hasn't even thought to stay in contact after Christmas last year.

"Things are getting worse out there. I know you hate talking about it, but it's the truth. We have a month left of whatever freedom this is and then we're going to have to fight" Sirius spoke determined.

"I'll do anything to protect her, I don't have time to be scared anymore" Ivy's tired state was replaced with one of strength, as her fighting instincts whirled through her mind.

"And I'll do anything to protect you both, even if it means my downfall. I've spoken to Lils about this. We feel the same we'll both do everything to keep you alive" Sirius's word felt like poison. Downfall. The thought of losing Sirius to this war made her sick. She had been so worried about protecting their daughter, she never thought he'd try to do the same thing. Then there was the fact that Lily was in on this as well, her sister, her twin, her other half.

Anyone who knew Ivy well enough, knew the truth. If she lost Lily during the war, she would lose a part of herself, but at least she would have Sirius to hold her together.

If she were to lose Sirius, that damage would be irreversible. She would lose the love of her life and her best friend, the father of her child and her future. If Sirius were to die during this war, Ivy would seem as if she died too. If that happened she wasn't sure how good of a mum she could still be for Scarlett, that's why Sirius needs to stay alive.

"We protect one another, your not dying, I'm not dying, Lily, Lia, Scarlett. No one is dying. We protect one another" Ivy said with slight anger, the tips of her hair burning red.

There was the girl Sirius knew, the girl he fell in love with. The hot-tempered red head who would at the the end of the day fight with her heart and not her head. Although it scared him, he knew there would be no one better to fight along his side than Ivy. "Okay, we protect one another"