Ch.27-RAB

Regulas Arcturus Black was more than obvious the favoured child of the Black family, but that just meant he was never tormented or tortured as much as his siblings

Growing up in The House of Black Regulas always had his older siblings to protect him. Sirius would usually take the fall for whatever stupid or ignorant thing Ophelia or a Regulas did and Ophelia would be the one to comfort her younger brother and try to distract them from Sirius's screams.

It was never a happy house but that's all he knew. He didn't know a mother's love or a fathers pride. He knew pain, he knew sorrow, and he knew what it meant to be loyal, something his siblings broke now over a year ago.

He remembers Sirius begging him to leave with him, he remembers how he told him he could be happy, he could be himself.

Regulas highly doubted that though, he would never be allowed to be his true self. Not as long as Walburga and Orion were high parent, even if he didn't consider them that anymore they were high blood.

Then Regulas watched as his older brother, his safety walked right out of his life. It was hard for him but the worse was what was brought upon his sister.

Ophelia loving carefree Ophelia, Regulas knew she hated their home her sm hair remaining a solid shade of navy every time she was back. She did for them though, for her brothers. She couldn't leave them despite how many time her boyfriend and the Potters had offered to take both her and Sirius in.

Then Sirius left and that changed everything in Regulas Blacks life. They didn't have Sirius to get made at for his departure so they chose the next best thing Ophelia. He still gets nightmares about that night, three full days had passed since Sirius's departure and that's when their mother had enough.

Regulas was forced to watched as they dragged his sister into the dining room and practiced the cruciatus curse on her. He watched as his father beat her like she was just some village whore. He watched as every so often Lia would make eye contact with him strengthen up the courage to give him a stiff smile before shaking her head, telling him not to do anything.

Then she left, Ophelia he's one beacon of hope. She was gone and Regulas was left alone in hate filled house with the two people he despised the most. Maybe it Regulas was brave like his brother and sister he would've left. He would've packed his bag and fled with them, start a new life, one where he could be himself like Sirius said. Regulas Black alas was not a Gryffindor, he was not brave. He was a Slytherin, already destined to be a disgrace.

That's how Regulas saw himself at least, but not Beckett Grey to him Regulas was the world. He wasn't sure when it happened but overtime Reg fell in love with his best friend Beck and surprising enough to the youngest Black, Beckett Grey loved him back.

Sirius knew who his brother was. He'd watch the way Regulas would be searching the train station in search of a particular brunette, the same way Sirius always searched for his red head.