Chapter 12: An Aneurysm and a surprise...

Zacznij od początku

I sat in the bed with my arms crossed... my mom said ''What is your grandma talking about.....'' Dad said ''Whatever this is why is Fields involve????'' I said ''You both have to promise this doesn't leave this room.. I don't want to be the talk of the hospital or be labeled as some...'' Dad said ''Some....what..'' Mom said ''This doesn't leave this room I promise'' Derek said ''Promise but some what'' I said ''I don't want to be labeled as some whore'' Dad raised his brow and Mom had said ''Whore..... Lia....'' I said ''Let me begin mom...'' she nodded and I said ''My third year of med-school... I was 16.... I had a crush on my teacher... Dr. Carter Fields... one day after class he told me how he saw I was the smartest student and very pretty and asked me out...'' I saw as my dad got annoyed and had clenched his hands into fist.. my mom said ''Continue Cecilia....'' I gulped when I heard my mom call me Cecilia but I continued.... ''We went out... it was nice and we began dating... it was all innocent... until a few months later... he wanted more...'' Dad looked at my face and realized this was hard to talk about but my mom said ''Cecilia this is hard, but you need to finish what you started saying'' I sighed and continued ''He began touching me.....and a few weeks after he took my v-virginity'' my dad was angry and said ''IM GONNA KILL THAT MOTHER-'' I said ''Im not done and your not beating him up, the last thing I need is to be the talk of the hospital'' my mom said ''Derek sit down....'' I said ''We dated till my fourth year till one day his sister and I were in the mall and caught him cheating on me'' Dad said ''HE DID WHAT?!'' I said ''After that I told him to quit or I would say about his relationship with me.. he quit his job and went back to surgery and I didn't see him till now'' Mom said ''Sweetie... it wasn't your fault...'' I said ''Mom, I consented to all of it because I trusted him and thought I loved him'' My mom sat next to me and I laid my head on her shoulder and she said ''Men are asses sweetie.... Im sorry you had to experience it so young...have you dated anyone else after him'' I said ''Well not dated more like...'' I stopped myself saying the words one night stands to scratch the itch but my parents knew what I was gonna say.. I didn't mention anything about having a boyfriend.. I think I've shared too much information of my life for today... My dad wanted to kill Fields but I couldn't let him... Dad said ''Carter is an idiot, self absorbed idiot.... He missed out on the most smartest and beautiful girl I know'' he kissed my head and said ''Of course I have 4 beautiful woman... who are the prettiest in the world'' He said as he kissed my mom's head and I heard a pager and realized it was mine and saw it was a 911 for Lauren Fields... I said ''SHIT!!!'' I ran out of the room.

I made it to the patient room and saw Lauren coughed blood and couldn't breathe... I said ''Damn it... suction the blood, we need to intubate..'' Nurse said ''We need to crike her!'' I grabbed a scalpel and used my fingers to tell exactly where I had to cut and did an incision and intubated her of course with the nurses help since it was my first time doing this. I got on top of her and pumped the pump to help her breathe and said ''Lets get her to an OR''. They rolled us both to an OR, while the scrub nurse intubated her properly for surgery, I scrubbed in... Carter met me in the scrub room and started lecturing me while I scrubbed and I said "I CANT CONCENTRATE WITH YOU BREATHING OVER MY NECK!" He looked shocked at my outburst and I said "You will enter that OR and only speak about the procedure, if you saw anything else I will kick you out and send either my aunt Maggie or My Aunt Cristina to supervise me... you will not touch the patient am I clear"

I saw him nod and I went in and I saw a lot of faces I recognized in the gallery... As the nurses draped me and put my gloves on. They placed also gloves on Carter. The scrub nurse said "The heart and lung machine is connected maintaining circulation" I nodded and said "Let's get this show on the road then... scalpel" I saw Carter eyes and he nodded and I began my incision. As I continued I began opening the chest to expose the aorta, I saw it... this was one of the biggest aortic aneurysms I've ever seen. As I was about to place a clamp I heard "I can do it if you please" I said in a low voice "you blew my concentration, stop breathing down my neck" I was trying to concentrate but I could feel his stare on me and I couldn't concentrate and I said "Dr. Fields.... I can't concentrate with you breathing down my neck... you need to get out of this OR...you should have never been in here on the first place" Carter scoffed and said "I can't leave you alone...." I said "You've seen me practice, you've trained me and taught me this technique until I could do it with eyes close you know I can do this now let me" With that he left the OR and I said as I knew she was in the gallery and I said "Dr. Yang can you please come and supervise this surgery". I heard in the intercom "Coming Dr. Grey-Shepherd" and after a few moments, I saw my aunt enter the OR, looking all badass and she said "Ive seen the Fields Technique once... never done it myself, so today I'm here to learn" I said "Clamps" I began clamping above and below the aneurysm. Now is where I cut and began the Technique as I said "Forceps and 3-0 silk- I started sewing the graph. My aunt was confused but I finished sewing a graph with the Fields Technique in under 10 seconds perfectly... she was shocked at how perfect it looked. I said "Well I'm ready to close..." I heard Aunt Cristina say "I don't think you never needed me in here Dr. Grey-Shepherd" I began closing the chest, and after I moved to the breastbone which I closed with a permanent wire closure and I closed the muscle with 3-0 silk and finally closed the skin with staples which were to be removed in a week or two.

My aunt and I went to the scrub room to scrub out and she said "Your gonna be a hell of a surgeon Lia... I don't know what specialty you might chose in a future but what you just did in there only 3 people can do... and your one of them... I think you should consider a future in cardio and if you do chose this road... I will gladly take you under my wing. I'm not saying this because I'm your godmother, you know me I don't normally say stuff like this... but you have a hell of potential...now go tell Fields that his sister is alright" With that she left the scrub room leaving me speechless. I got a complement from my aunt..... I finished scrubbing out and went to the tell Carter.

I went to the waiting room where I saw him sitting down and I said ''Carter....'' He looked at me and said ''How is she???'' I said ''Im sorry..'' His face got sad and I continued ''But your sister will live for very long time to annoy the hell out of you'' I saw him smile and say ''Thank god.. you scared me for a second Ceci....'' I smiled at him and he said ''Thank you Ceci, I know I caused you pain that you didn't deserve, but just for you to know... I did love you but I'm not good enough for you...'' I looked at Carter and walked away... I just needed to get away from him... I knew he was just trying to get me into his sick games....

I ran as fast as I could to my father's office. I went in, locked the door and let myself fall to the floor and cradle myself. I didn't even notice my dad sitting down in his chair, he stood up and went towards me and sat next to me... He said ''What do you need....'' I said ''I-I want alcohol... I want to forget....'' my dad said ''Its 8:30 pm sweetie.. and you shouldn't drink Lia...'' I said ''Then what do I do....'' I saw him smile and say ''Follow me''. We both stood up and left his office and he took me to the elevator and I said ''Why are we heading to the roof, is there a incoming trauma???'' My dad said ''No... when Uncle Mark and I needed a break or a stress relief we went to the roof'' The elevators door opened and we were in the roof and I felt the wind hit my face and I closed my eyes and let the wind blow in my hair. As I opened my eyes I saw my dad getting a bag with golf clubs and he handed me one and he got one for himself he placed to holders for the balls and gave me a golf ball. I looked at him in confusion and he said ''Just place it on the holder and hit it'' I saw him hit the golf ball and I said ''Isn't that dangerous?!'' He said ''Hasn't hurt anyone... its fun trust me'' I nodded and placed the ball on the holder and got in position and hit the golf ball and saw it go high. I had to admit it was pretty fun. For 2 hours, Dad and I just hit golf balls off the roof and then we went home where Uncle Alex, Aunt Cristina and mom where watching old surgery tapes.

Dad said ''Were home....'' Since they didn't hear us come in. Mom stood up and hugged me and said ''Sweetie! I saw you..... You did amazing....'' She kissed my forehead and Uncle Alex said ''Enjoy it... you did a solo surgery before anyone successfully and know how to do  technique only 2 surgeons not counting you who know how to do it Little Shepherd'' I said ''Thank you.... But I had a long day... I'm going to bed.... Night!'' They all wished me good night and I went upstairs... When I entered my room... I saw some sunflowers, Nutella, Ritz and saw 5 teddybears and I gasped because there were of One direction.... I was confused and saw a note in one of the teddy bear, I grabbed it and opened it and it said...

You're probably confused... but you left your window unlocked so I sneaked in to do this. Congrats on your first solo surgery, you did amazing, I knew you could do it... Your a natural just like your parents... I wish I could be there with you right now but I have a dinner with my sister and her girlfriend which I can't miss, but I'm looking forward to celebrating with you tomorrow.. I hope you enjoy the gifts and have a great night my Rockstar.

-Andrew

I smiled and took all 5 teddy bears and placed them on the shelf above my bed. I smelled the flowers which smelled amazing and placed them on counter. I placed the letter in a box in my drawer so my parents wouldn't find it. I placed the ritz and Nutella on my nightstand and feel asleep with a smile on my face.

-These are the one direction teddy bears Andrew got Lia.