chapter 42

Lexi said bye to Amy and John before leaving the house.
She told them she'd call herself Uber so they don't need to worry.

Once she was at her house, she became nervous. She knew who she'd call if things don't go well.
Walking in the house, her parents heads shot towards her as her siblings waved. They were prepared to stand up for their sister and support her. Last month was disaster. It was the same like the time she was really low, where she tried to commit. And they definitely didn't want that, they loved their sister, no matter of her bad choices and decisions.
"Alex Janet Dawson where in the hell have you been?!"
Her mom said with angry tone.
"Obviously not home as far as I know."
She answered a little rude as Nick and Josie tried to contain their laugh in.
"Stop acting like we are dumb. Where have you been, why did you sneak out? And at the end of all that you could've picked up your phone!"
"I was trying to find my boyfriend that almost overdosed and died."
She said folding her arms on her chest as they all were in shock.
"W-"
Her dad started but she cut him off.
"Okay I'm gonna say firstly all I have, and then it's on you to do what you think it's right. Don't even try interrupting me.
I know I made the biggest mistake lying to you guys, but it happened and I can not change it. I know I got pregnant at 17, I fucking know cause I went through that almost alone! I know what I did! And it was my mistake that I didn't take pill, I know, but I forgot! And there's no going back. It's both, Jaden's and mine fault. But I am already a whole ass disappointment of this family and I didn't want to be even worse but look where it got me! And I don't care what you say, you nor I can change the way I feel. I always felt like disappointment and probably always will, but I have to learn to live with it. But you telling me I can't be with someone that I love and who loves me, that's a whole different story. And for what?! Cause I got pregnant and aborted kid. It wasn't even a kid yet, it was really early pregnancy and it didn't affect anyone. You pushing him out the house so disrespectfully, TAKING MY PHONE AWAY when I'm SEVENTEEN, this year eighteen, that's so fucked up! You have no right to take away my phone and it's so stupid. And for a whole month? That's too fucking much!"
"Look Ale, if you walked out the room for that month we would've talked to you. And we tried but you didn't want to talk. And if you cuss one more time, I swe-"
"Yeah! Cause I'm mad! I was so mad! And so broken! Your parents never did something like that to you! What am I, supposed to run up to you and hug you when you ruined my life?! Hell no, you'll never see it, at least not from me.
And now, I'll be leaving, and I'll wait for a month until my boyfriend is out of hospital so I can see him again. And then if you feel even a little guilty you can apologize. To me and him. And I don't care if I end up heart broken, if he breaks my heart, I'm gonna live all of it out until it happens."
"I agree with her." Josie added on her sister.
"Me three."
Nick said, not knowing what that actually means as he was just wondering where Jaden is and not really what else Lexi was saying.
He loved Jaden, Jaden was his older brother and was really fun guy and he was, well not just like Lexi, but at least a half as sad that they broke up.
"I do agree with them too, Derek."
Her mom said catching Lexi and all of them off the guard.
"When was our daughter that happy like she was while being with Jaden? Yes, they both made mistakes, but that doesn't mean they are better of alone."
Her dad looked down, before asking Lexi to talk alone with her.
Not wanting to argue, everyone left leaving Lexi and Derek alone in living room.
"C'mere."
He opened his arms for girl but she didn't move.
"No. I told you you'll never see me running in your hug after you do something like this. I'm still so mad and disappointed."
"You know, when you were born, a little baby, you didn't cry at first. You weren't loud baby, which is complete opposite of your siblings. But yet, when puberty hit you, you were always the loudest. Always the one to stand up for herself and others. And I always loved it to some point, even though I was most of the time person to be yelled at by you. And it hurts me but I understand. And I always wondered how I'm gonna look all of my kids, on their wedding days, how my daughter will fall in love with a guy of her life. But now that I came, I don't want it. And I know it's selfish, but I don't wanna be your second man. I wanna be your biggest man figure and your biggest influence. I wanna be the one to protect you at all costs. I wanna be the one to jump in fire for you. I don't want my little princess to grow up and fall in love."
He told his daughter, almost tearing up, but he held them in, but on the other hand she was fully sobbing.
"And I'm sorry that I ruined everything for you. I'm so sorry. I never thought any of this will happen. But I guess my pride didn't let me fix it."
She walked to her dad hugging him. She never thought something like this will happen.
"I'm sorry dad."
"You have nothing to be sorry about."
"Yes. I lied to you guys. But I just, I don't know. I made a mistake."
"I made mistakes too. A lot of them. But we are living to learn from them."
She nodded sniffling in his chest.
"Do you think we learned now from them?"
"I-I did."
"I did too. I'm so sorry for everything."
"It's okay. But you need to apologize to Jaden. But sincerely."
"I will. I promise."
She nodded as they stood in the middle of the room, hugging.
"I love you Ale."
"I love you too dad."
He kissed top of her head.
They all made huge mistakes and it caused a lot of mess, but sometimes you gotta just get over it and try to fix holes it made.

°°°°°°°°°°

Shorter one but I'm running out of ideas, I think I'll just do time skip. 😃
words count: 1167