Chapter 19: The Lady of Hopes and Dreams

Paradox second match had been nothing to write home about. her opponent wasn't really weak, but compared to Wigglytuff's Guild it was rather easy and Paradox advanced to the final. Now she had to face Croagunk, he was the whole reason why they had entered this tournament she couldn't fail now!

She looked at Luna who had a dejected look on her face. ''Are you okay Luna?''

The Zoroark looked at her with a guilty expression. ''I'm sorry I lost against Croagunk! I want to become a gym leader and yet I'm not even able to win when it's really count.''

The Braixen put a reassuring hand on her shoulder. ''Don't worry about it, I'm sure you will become stronger than you are now and become a great gym leader one day. And don't worry about Croagunk I'll wipe that smirk off of his face when I wreck his entire team.'' Paradox said with her best confident smile.

''So what Pokemon are you gonna take for this match?'' The voice of Elliot suddenly ask from behind them.

''Well I though about it and I think the best choice would be Noelle and Ivy.'' Both Luna and Elliot raised an eyebrow at that.

''Why them specifically?'' Elliot asked and Luna nodded showing she wanted to know just as much.

''Well Kadabra was a very dangerous opponenet that beated two Pokemon on his own. So I'll definetly need the power of a ghost type to deal with him. And Ivy would be very useful for his Muk.'' She replied.

''So you're choosing base on the only two Pokemon we have seen in action? He has a whole team of six you know.'' Elliot said with a frown on his face.

''Wait what was the rest of his team by the way? I don't remember seeing them which is weird since usually the whole team of Pokemon stand behind the trainer during the match.'' Paradox said with a curious frown.

''Are you kidding? Obviously we saw his Pokemon there were... I mean there was a...'' For the life of him Elliot couldn't remember a single member of Croagunk team apart from Kadabra and Muk. ''Weird I was sure I had seen his Pokemon team behind him, but now that I try to picture them I can't see anything.''

Luna cocked her head at them. ''Weird how could you forget so easily? There was a @?%$"*$%'' Both the Luxio and the Braixen puth their hands and paws on their ears and screamed in pain. Luna stopped talking and looked at them with concern. ''What's wrong?! You suddenly started screaming for no reason!''

''Didn't you hear that sound?! It almost felt like my skull would split open!'' Elliot exclaimed with a wince.

Luna looked confused and then something click in her head. ''The Kadabra! He must have done something to your memories and since I'm a dark type he couldn't do anything to me! When I tried to make you remember his psychic lock on your memories fought against you!''

Paradox growled at that. ''That damn cheater! He's trying to hide his team so we won't be able to come up with a strategy! Is there away to fix this?''

Luna shook her head. ''There is no way to fix it that I know of. But it should vanish on it's own after two or three days.''

''But by that time it will be arleady too late, the match is only in half an hour!'' Paradox said with a snarl.

''There's another thing, you said you wanted to use Noelle but the only way I managed to use her in the last match was because of my illusion. She really doesn't deal well with crowds.'' Just as she said that Maple walked into the room and Paradox looked at her with a gleam in her eyes that made the fox a little bit nervous.

''Maple you were able to create an illusion with your cursing power right? Could you do something so Noelle can fight for us?'' The Ninetales looked confused but after a while she responded.