Chapter 18: Paradox VS. Wigglytuff's Guild

Wigglytuff was the first to choose his Pokemon. ''Bidoof I choose you!'' Paradox questioned why a Bidoof was on what was apparently a legendary team. But maybe she shouldn't judge on appearance... But in the end she decided to use her weakest Pokemon on her team. It was risky at a tournament like this but he was the only one that had a type advantage and beside she would rather keep her strongest for the more threathening looking Pokemon.

''Luke I choose you!'' Paradox yelled, the baby Pokemon seemed surprise at first but then he developed a smile.

''I'll make you proud mommy!'' As soon as he said those words Paradox had to cover her ears as the Sunflora began to squealed loudly.

''Eeeeee! Oh my gosh It's so cute! Try to not hurt it too bad Bidoof!'' The rest of Wigglytuff's team sweatdropped as they stared at the loud flower. That is except Wigglytuff who was still staring ahead with his blank smile. Once again Paradox questioned if Wigglytuff would really be able to command his Pokemon. It was as if he was arleady lost in his own world and the match had just started.

Shaking her head she decided to go to the offensive. If the enemy team wasn't ready well too bad for them she couldn't afford to lose here. ''Luke use Quick Attack!''

''Bidoof you know what to do.'' Wigglytuff said calmly with his usual smile. The Bidoof body was coated in a red light for a few seconds and when the Riolu colided with him he barely flinched.

''Luke try to attack him again!'' Paradox cried but instead of doing another Quick Attack this time Luke's palm began to glow with a strange blue energy and with it he punched the Bidoof with everything he had. The normal type was sent flying and crashed on the ground. But once he regained his footing he still loked more than ready to fight. ''Luke, I don't know what you did but try that again!''

But before the Riolu could reach the Bidoof he was once again engulfed in a red light and this time when he took the hit he barely moved. Paradox eyes widened when she realised what he was doing. Bidoof was trying to boost his defense to the maximum. Even with the type advantage Luke would have a difficulty beating an enemy with so much defense.

''Luke try to finish this as fast as you can before his defense max out!'' Paradox yelled. The Riolu nodded with a determined glare.

''Sorry mister Bidoof but we need to win this!'' The aura in his hand become stronger and he began to punch the Bidoof over and over again but the Bidoof didn't seem to move. The riolu stopped after a while trying to catch his breath but then the Bidoof was engulfed in a red light again and Paradox realised it was too late, Bidoof was now an indestructible wall.

Sighing in defeat Paradox realised what she had to do. ''Luke return!'' The Riolu seemed dissapointed at the command but he started to run toward his trainer nonetheless. But unfortunately Wigglytuff had other plans.

''Sorry happy friend, but I can't let you do that. Bidoof it's time to go to the offensive! Use Rollout!'' The normal type sent a rolling boulder toward the young Pokemon, Luke cried out in pain as the rock exploded on him on impact.

But the Bidoof wasn't done as soon as the attack had hit he had sent another giant rock heading straight to the small canine. ''Luke dodge quick!'' Paradox yelled.

The Riolu quickly lifted himself from the ground and jumped away just in time. But again the Bidoof sent another boulder and again Luke dodged it. It continued like this for a while until the poor Riolu was too tired and began to slow down in his movements and finally one of the rolling rocks hit him and it was much more powerful than the first one.

He was sent crashing on the ground and without mercy the Bidoof sent another another Rollout. The Riolu couldn't get up in time before the boulder hit him again. ''Luke! No!'' Paradox yelled in in a panic she was a few seconds away from forfeiting the round. But the Riolu growled and tried to lift himself once again.