Chapter 4: Rescue at Goldenrod City

She was woken up by the glare of the sun. With a groan she opened her eyes and glared back at the celestial object. Her travelling companion was still sound asleep so she decided to take a soak in the small river and wash herself.

As soon as she jumped in the water she regretted it. ''C-c-cold!'' She almost wanted to get out of the water immediatly but she decided to brave it. She was going to go to a human settlement for the first time today she didn't want to make a bad first impression by looking dirty.

Summoning all her courage she dunked her head under the water. But as soon as she could see she noticed there was a creature it's face was only an inch away from her own. She immediatly jumped away. ''Gah! What was that?!''

After a few seconds the same creature rose above the water and when she looked at it, it looked a lot less threatening than when it was directly in her face. She sighed in relief, ''Oh you're just an Azurill you almost made be jump out of my skin!''

The baby Pokemon giggled at that. ''I didn't think anyone would ever be scared of me. People tend to assume I'm harmless because of how young I am.''

'Because you probably are' Paradox thought to herself but she would never say it outloud she didn't want to offend the young Pokemon.

''Are you a trainer miss? Wait that's right you can't understand me right? I forgot.'' The little Azurill said dejectedly.

Paradox shook her head. ''Sorry but I'm not a trainer and yeah I can understand you.'' The small water Pokemon looked at her in shock. She resisted the urge to roll her eyes, this was going to get old wasn't it?

''You can understand me?! But you're a human!'' The Azurill exclaimed her eyes shining with wonder.

''I was raised by a Pokemon I think that's why I can understand what you're saying.'' The blue Pokemon had stars in her eyes as she looked at the girl. But then reality came crashing down and tears welled up in the Azurill's eyes. Paradox looked at her in concern.

''Hey, hey why are you crying? Did I say something wrong?'' She tried to pet the top of her head to reassure the young Pokemon but it didn't work.

''Two bad man came here yesterday and they took my mama! I thought if you were a trainer you could go beat them and bring back my mama.'' Azurill sniffled and began to sob. Paradox heart broke at the sight of the poor baby Pokemon crying her heart out.

And then a fire lit up in her chest and she became enraged. How dare those humans leave this poor child alone without her mother?! She would make them pay! ''I will get your mother back for you.'' She stated with a determined scowl.

''Really? But you said you weren't a trainer how are you going to beat them?'' She winced at that. She had forgot how weak humans were compared to Pokemon. She was right she didn't stand a chance against other trainers.

''What if... I become your first Pokemon?'' Paradox looked at the Azurill in shock.

''W-what?!'' The girl asked incrediously.

''I heard that humans were amazing at making a Pokemon stronger maybe if you could help me evolve I could go rescue mama myself!'' Azurill exclaimed and her eyes were begging her to accept her proposal.

''I'm not sure I'm the right person for this I was raised by a Pokemon remember? I don't know how humans train Pokemon.'' She replied while nervously playing with her wet hair.

''I can help you.'' A voice suddenly said behind them which made Paradox jumped in surprise. When she turned around she saw Elliot was standing in front of the river. ''I didn't understand everything but it seem like Azurill really want to go with you. I'm sure you would be an amazing trainer especially with your ability to understand Pokemon.''