Chapter 15: The Fire Blast

That morning after they received all the Pokemon that were being taken care of by Nurse Joy the three trainers made their way outside and proceeded to play rock, paper, scissor once again. This time Paradox had been the victor. She jumped in the air with a victorious shout before happily entering inside of the gym.

Taking the advice of Elliot, Paradox had recalled all her Pokemon inside their pokeballs so that she wouldn't reveal all her cards to the gym leader right at the begining of the match. Only Maple stayed outside, having the fox walking beside her always make her feel safe and now that her trust with Elliot had been shattered she needed to feel safe now more than ever. if it gave her a disadvantage later in the match then so be it.

Once they were inside the gym all three of them were shocked at what they were seeing. They saw a man who looked like he was in his mid-twenties and he wore no shirt at all and his pants were tattered and barely held together, but that wasn't what was shocking. What surprised them was that the man was fighting a Primeape with bare hands.

Obviously the man was losing the fight but the fact that he could stand up to a Pokemon at all was impressive. Once he noticed he had company the two of them stopped fighting and the man started to chuckle. ''Oh hello there have you come for a Gym battle?'' At their nod the man grinned.

''Alright! My name is Chuck and as you probably guessed I use fighting type Pokemon. Now might I ask how many badges do you have?''

Paradox searched inside her newly aquired bag and presented the man with her two badges. They had lost all their badges in the shipwreck. But fortunately for them the league was smart enough to record what gym they had beaten and Nurse Joy had given them replacements for their badges. Paradox had never been more thankful for humans obsession with paperwork.

''Alright then! Since you have two badges this will be a two on two battle! Only the challenger is allowed to substitue their Pokemon.'' Paradox nodded so they weren't allowed to use more Pokemon than the gym leader anymore she guessed it was fair enough. ''Primeape I choose you!'' The Pokemon Chuck had been figting earlier sprinted into the battlefield.

Paradox considered her option and then chose a Pokeball. ''Vivi I choose you!'' She yelled as she threw the Pokeball into the battlefield. The Sylveon appeared in a flash of light and she smiled sweetly at her opponent.

''Let's have fun! Shall we?'' She said before breaking into a cute giggle. Which made the Primeape blush as he looked at the Sylveon with hearts in his eyes.

''Focus Primeape! She's the enemy you cannot by distracted by how cute she is!'' Chuck yelled at his Pokemon and the monkey shook his head before he glared at the Eeveelution.

''Vivi use Fairy Wind!'' Paradox yelled loudly with a grin.

But Chuck responded with a grin of his own. ''Primeape counter it with Pay Day!'' The monkey sent out an oval coin in the air. When it made contact with the wind both attacked scattered and coins fell all over the battlefield.

Elliot looked shocked at the turn of event. ''I didn't know Primeape could learn this move.''

Chuck turned toward the boy with a grin. ''Primeape doesn't learn this move naturally but every Pokemon have hidden moves they can learn throught hard work. Some scientists have tried to bring out these moves with some sort of machine but it was deemed too dangerous after a Rattata went into coma after using one of these machines, so you have to learn it the hard way or not at all.''

''Interesting, but we're till going to win this, Vivi use Baby-Doll Eyes!'' The Sylveon made the cutest expression she could managed and the Primeape completely stopped attacking as he stared at her with a blush.