Chapter 11: The Mysterious Ice Princess

Elliot and Paradox were wandering aimlessly in Ecruteak City. Paradox was holding the mysterious Pokemon egg for comfort she knew the egg couldn't really talk back. But she felt some sort of comfort about how warm it was and how it would occasionally shake sligthly.

Unbeknowst to them they were watched by someone. She had icy blue hairs and blue eyes, she wore a white hoodie with blue jeans and black shoes. Her hair waved freely in the wind as she silently kept track of the two teens who were too lost in their own world to notice her. Her stare was focused on the Vulpix that followed Paradox diligently. 'I can't believe it. Is that Maple? What is she doing with that girl?'

But the mysterious girl made a mistake and failed to notice a pebble in the road. She accidently stepped on it and fell on her rear. Hearing the sound of her falling Elliot looked back and walked toward her with an outscretched arm. The girl blushed as she stared at him and took his hand to lift herself from the ground.

''Are you okay?'' At her nodded he proceeded to introduce himself. ''I'm Elliot Ellias just call me Elliot, what's your name?'' The girl searched throught her bag and retrieve a pen and a notebook and began to write on it.

She presented the paper shyly to the boy and on it it was written. Hello my name is Luna nice to meet you.

Elliot looked at the paper with a confused expression before realization dawned on him. ''Wait are you mute?'' The girl cocked her head but then she nodded with an embarassed smile. The silent girl then turned toward Paradox with a smile.

The blonde girl looked at the new arrival with wary eyes. ''Hello can I help you?'' She asked slowly.

Luna began to write on her paper once again and showed it to Paradox. I think your egg is about hatch very soon.

The blonde girl looked at her with a suspicious stare. ''How can you tell?'' But before the silent girl could respond the egg began to glow brightly and something inside was trying to break free. It took about a minute but finally the egg broke away to reveal a creature Paradox had never seen before.

It looked like a blue canine with black fur on it's chest, around it's eyes and on it's legs. It also had red eyes but Paradox barely had the time to see them before the small Pokemon yawned and fell asleep in her arms.

Elliot for his part gawked at the newborn Pokemon. ''I can't believe it! You hatched a Riolu! They're not supposed to be in Johto, they're native to Sinnoh!'' The boy yelled enthusiastically but recoiled when he saw that both girls were glaring at him.

''Shh! Can't you see he's trying to sleep? Newborn Pokemon need to sleep a lot, so lower your voice.'' Paradox said with a frown and the girl beside her nodded with crossed arms. The dark haired teen smiled sheepishly and decided to stay silent.

But that silence was soon broken when a familiar Haunter appeared in front of them. The Ghost Pokemon chuckled when he saw their surprised expression. But then he turned serious and pointed a finger toward Elliot. ''Haunter, Haunt, Haunt.'' He said before vanishing. The boy just looked confused and turned toward Paradox.

''What did he say?'' The blonde girl rolled her eyes at being used as a translator, but she told him anyway.

''He said he wanted a rematch and he will give you a badge if you manage to beat him.'' Elliot nodded at this and the new girl looked at Paradox with a curious expression. But before she could ask anything both Paradox and Elliot had ran away toward the gym. Luna shrugged and decided to follow them.

- - - - -

Haunter looked sadly at the chair where his beloved trainer had died. At least she was with her sister now. He turned toward the door as it opened and Haunter floated toward the battlefield. Misdreavus was watching from afar curious how the battle would go but she didn't really have the heart to show herself yet.