Chapter 17: Elliot VS. Luna May the Strongest Win!

The day had come, as soon as they all woke up the group of three trainers and their twelve Pokemon made their way toward the large stadium smack dab in the middle of the entire city. They had to walk through a large corridor before they came across a bored looking Gardevoir wearing glasses.

All three of the stared incrediously at the Pokemon. It wasn't just because she was wearing glasses but also because she didn't looked like a normal Gardevoir her green head and green arms were replaced by a blue hue. When she noticed them the Gardevoir sighed and putted an irritated scowl on her face.

''Yeah, yeah, I'm a shiny Pokemon, yada yada yada. I get the same reaction everytime, can we just get this over with?'' She said curtly.

The group looked sheepish and Luna was the one to break the ice. ''We're here to register for the tournament.'' At this the shiny Gardevoir sighed and gave them three sheets of paper and pens.

The three trainers filled the paper as quick as they could it was filled with basic question. Like what was their names, what Pokemon were they gonna use, how old were they and for some reasons they also asked if they were honorary Pokemon. To that question both Paradox and Elliot answered yes while Luna answered no.

As soon as they were done they gave the paper to the shiny Gardevoir and she quickly read over them. But then she frowned. ''Each of you have only four Pokemon which is okay for most of the tournament but you won't be able to participate in the final if you make it that far.''

''We're planning to use each other Pokemon in case that happen.'' Luna replied immediately and the shiny Pokemon frowned.

''That is highly irregular, but fine. But next time you come here you better have a full team because I won't be so lenient, understood?'' With a gulp the trio nodded their heads in understanding.

Before the tournament could really begin they had to hold preliminaries to weed out the weaker teams. Nothing really important happened during that time. Paradox, Elliot and Luna curb-stomped all the teams that challenged them. None of them had seen Croagunk and were hoping that maybe he hadn't showed up.

But that hope was dashed away after the preliminaries ended when a Loudred presented all the teams that had made it. Sure enough just as Paradox had predicted Croagunk was acting as the trainer of his team.

Before any real matches could begin the announcer had rounded up the eight teams that made it out of the preliminaries and made them walked into the stadium. Paradox almost froze in the spot as she walked into the battlefield and saw an enormous crowd of Pokemon cheering as they came into view. The announcer walked in front of them and took a microphone in his hand.

''Ladies and gentlemon welcome to the weekly tournament of power!'' The announcer which happened to be the same Loudred as earlier yelled in the microphone which made Paradox cover her ears in pain. But the crowd seemed to enjoy his loud voice as they cheered even louder than before. ''Now with this week tournament you're all in for a treat! Because today our Queen Ho Oh has decided to attend the tournament!'' Just as he said that the legendary Phoenix flew overhead and landed in a large seat reserved for her. The crowd went wild as she extended her wings and screeched loudly for everyone to hear.

Once the crowd had calmed down the Loudred began to yell once again. ''But that's not all! We have another guest coming all the way from Hoenn! Everyone please welcome the lady of hopes and dreams herself, Jirachi!''

Suddenly a bright light focused on a small Pokemon. And Paradox had to admit Jirachi was one of the cutest legendary she knew, along with Mew and Celebi but she might be biased for that last one. Someone had putted a microphone in front of the legendary Pokemon so she could give a speech of some kind but the wish Pokemon had her eyes closed and everyone in the stadium could hear her snore.