Chapter 6: Forest 37

The next day the Nurse Joy had presented the two teenagers with the four Pokemon they had given her last night. Elliot released both Chikorita and Mareep and both of them looked healty and happy. But as soon as Mareep was released he came close to Chikorita.

''Oh the love of my life! How I have missed you! How about a kiss to celebrate our reunion?'' The Chikorita lifted her nose in reponse.

''In your dream sheep boy! How many times must I tell you that I'm not interested?!'' The Mareep began to prance around the grass type Pokemon.

''Oh I bet when you were imprisoned in this cold lonely cage you were crying my name hoping that I would come to save the day and then we would officially become mates and have many eggs together!'' The Chikorita slapped the Mareep with one of her vines.

''Pervert! I will never mate with you!'' She huffed and walked away her face red with embarassment. The rest of the people watching sweat dropped at the scene.

''You have interesting Pokemon.'' Paradox commented with a raised eyebrow. Elliot just sheepishly rubbed the back of his head.

Once they stepped ourside the Pokemon Center with all four Pokemon they decided to return Splash and her mother to the river where they used to live. The way there was mostly uneventful until they reached a small house with a large fenced area.

Yesterday they had passed throught here but they hadn't paid much attention to the building. But now Paradox could see dozens of Pokemon playing in the large enclosure there was a small pond in the middle of the yard so water Pokemon could take a swim and keep their skin hydrated. There was also a smilling old man standing in front of the door of the small house. When he spotted the two trainers he began to walk toward them. ''Hey you! Young girl with the Marill!''

She was surprised to find that Splash had climbed on her head she didn't even noticed before the old man had pointed it out. She then turn to the elder and smiled nervously. ''Yes what can I do for you... Sir?''

He looked at her face as if he seemed to search for something which made her uncomfortable but then he nodded. ''I have a good feeling about you girl. So I want you to take care of this egg.'' The old man searched through his bag and gave her a Pokemon egg. It was really warm as if a miniature sun was residing inside of it and ocassionally she could feel the egg shake slightly.

''W-why are you giving me this?'' She asked flabbergasted.

''Well one day we found that an egg mysteriously appeared in our daycare we don't know how it got here.'' The girl gave him a deapdan expression.

''I'm not a child you know, I know how eggs are made.'' The old man looked abashed at the girl words.

''Sorry I'm used to dealing with ten years old. I don't really want to explain to them the birds and the bees, you know?'' Paradox wondered what birds and bees had to do with mating but she was too afraid to ask.

''Anyway we found this egg one day but the trainer this egg belong to had arleady left with his Pokemon and as far as we know he's not even in Johto anymore so there not much we can do. But when I saw your Marill I though it looked really happy and healty. So I thought you would be perfect to raise whatever Pokemon is in this egg.''

''I don't know the first thing about taking care of a egg!'' Paradox protested but the old man chuckled.

''Taking care of an egg is easy all you have to do is to keep it warm and to threat it gently as to not hurt the Pokemon inside. Even a child could do it, it's taking care of the Pokemon once it's born that will be harder.''

This old man was crazy! She didn't even knew him and he was giving her a huge responsibility as if it was nothing! Elliot putted a hand on her shoulder and smiled at me. ''It will be alright Paradox, raising a Pokemon is one of the best part of being a trainer, you can do it.''