Chapter 33: Confessions of a Bully

Start from the beginning

After two hours I was ready to head home. Jill walked me to the door , Doyle had no manners, he should learn some from his sister.

''So when will you come again?'' She asked me hopefully and I gave her one of my signature grin.

''Everyday'' my answer made Doyle shocked and I could feel him looking at me intently.

''Really? But didn't you left?''

''I realized that you guys are too awesome to be left and frankly speaking I love to spend time with you.'' I said and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

''Bye Ally.''

''Bye'' I said and turned to leave. And I could swear I saw Doyle gave a faint smile. Close enough.

*******

I was getting used to being stared and picked on school. Drake was not here today since he was injured and all. I decided to clear up things with Hailey first, I would tell her everything clearly . I had this hope that she would accept my and Drake's apology. Anyone could tell she loved him.

I was working on the play with more determination than ever after the incident with Drake. His apology was enough to change my mind. I was shocked that he was not his cruel old self yet satisfied at the same time. Now I knew why Dylan told me to clear up things; I was doing a good job here.

I was also trying to catch up all my missing work and thankfully I was receiving all the help from the teachers. They thought I had some leg fracture or so since I was limping ; thanks to my clumsiness. The fall in Doyle's apartment was  bit rough.

English was not the same as before; I was genuinely missing Dylan. Without him it felt almost boring like hell. But as he said this was life; it goes on.

I was missing Daniel and Carmen  but was too coward to talk to them. They were not talking to each other either so that made things even difficult.

The day went quite fast and I headed to the cafeteria since I was no longer going to make my stomach suffer because of people's staring and whispering.

They were still treating me like a trash but that was fine with me because now I felt more proactive than ever. I let them talk behind my back and stuff.

I walked confidently towards the lunch line when someone crashed into me. A bowl of spaghetti was dripping down my shirt. I looked up with a frown but my expression changed when I saw it was Carmen. It didn't looked like she did it on purpose.

''I am sorry, I didn't meant to.'' Shock was evident in my eyes. She was saying sorry to me. I replaced my disbelief with a smile.

''It's okay, don't worry about it I will clean it up.'' I said and smiled at her sincerely. Now it was Carmen's turn to look shocked.

I retreated from the cafeteria and walked down the hallway towards the lu. I glanced at my shirt and realized it was ruined. I was already a laughing stock at school and now this. If someone caught me like this I was so dead.

Shaking the thoughts I continued my strides and thankfully there was practically none in hallways I guess everyone was eating. Man I was so hungry right now. Cleaning the shirt would take all my time.

''Sorry my belly.'' I mumbled stupidly to myself glancing at the spot where there was a huge stain from spaghetti  sauce.

''Look who's here.'' A mocking voice made me stop dead on my tracks. I whirled around to see three guys smirking down at me. Oh shit.

They were the jocks of basketball team and not to mention utter jerks.They were sneering at me as if they had caught me in some vile act. Involuntarily I took a few steps back and to my horror my back hit the lockers.

They laughed at my failed attempt and came closer. There was an evil expression their faces.

''W-what do you want?'' I asked with some courage. If only I were a boy I would beat the shit out of them.

''Well we all want a kiss from you.'' I chocked on my own saliva at the comment. Did they loose their minds or anything?

''It shouldn't be difficult for you, since that's what your job is.'' Oh well I nearly forgot I was a whore.

''Back off.'' I said glaring at them but they just laughed as if it was the most funny joke ever.

''Com'on Allyson White, just one kiss it would take a moment.''

''I said back off.'' But instead of backing off the blonde one grabbed my arm and pulled me towards him. I looked at him in horror.

''Leave my hand!''

''Feisty eh?'' He leaned closer to me and in a fraction of a second I slapped him. I was good at slapping people, got that practice from Drake.

The boy's eyes flashed furiously as he let go of my arm and touched his cheek. He looked scary like some vampire.

''You slut! You are so dead.'' He stated and grabbed my arm again, the boy raised his fist. Oh no he was going to punch me. Why was I the only one who got punched by scary boys? Boys didn't usually hit girls did they? I guess I was the only exception in this department.

He drew his fist closer and I shut my eyes tight waiting for the attack. Attack wouldn't do the job, it was more like an assault. I waited but it never came but I heard a familiar voice somewhere.

''Oi! Cut it out.'' Dale. I felt like hugging him right now. Of course I won't but his timings were so awesome. That's my boy!

The boys turned to look at Dale who was looking back with an angry face. He looked too cool with that angry look. I was almost drooling over him. Sheesh I needed to control my hormones.

''Don't you dare touch her!'' He snarled at them and launched forward.

''Looks another bug, Cattermole is here.''

They all laughed and the next moment Dale was punching the guy. A fight broke out in front of me. I looked with interest as the three boys cornered Dale who managed to smack the two one them. However the main blonde looked stronger than Dale.

Man, it was such an awesome thing to watch. I never realized fighting would be this interesting.

However my interest soon wore off when the guy punched Dale on the jaw, Dale fell on the ground and the guy kicked him hard making him groan in pain.

Shit, now what? I looked frantically at them and decided to call a catheter as I saw Dale getting beated by the giant. However that need never came because at the moment someone grabbed the Blondie and kicked him in the gut. It was Doyle.

Doyle threw a few punched that made the blondie lie flat on the ground with a small tint of blood on his mouth.

Doyle gave Dale a hand to make him stand. They both came my way. Dale limped, his lip was bleeding and Doyle was grinning and  looked as if he just got to eat his favorite food.

''Thanks Doyle.'' I said smiling at the bully who to my surprise grinned back at me.

''Shouldn't you say 'Thank you Dale' too?'' I ignored Dale's comment and smiled to my self.

After fifteen minutes we all were standing in principal's office.

''I am very disappointed on you all; specially you Dale.'' He said and Dale shot me an accusing look. I smirked at him.

''It was her fault.'' He said pointing his finger at me. The principal; bless him did not looked convinced though. He dismissed us all with a week of detentions. 

We walked out and Dale stalked off in other direction. The three boys glared at me and went away too leaving me and Doyle.

I saw him walking outside and leapt after him.''Where are you going?''

''Out duh.'' He said and I trailed along.

He stopped and turned to look at me, ''Where are you going?'' He asked me,

''Going out with you duh.'' I said mimicking him. To my surprise he grinned. Doyle Jackson was grinning to me. That was one lucky day.

''You really are something Allyson White.'' He said and we both slipped in his car.

''You can call me Ally.'' I said flashing him a quick smile.

We rode in silence to where ever he was going. Doyle's music choice was really weird. He was listening to Richard Marx. Teenagers nowadays didn't listened to 60's music, he was an exception though.

We stopped after a while and I realized it was a cemetery. A well known place to me. My father was buried here and so was Emily Jackson. Now I knew why did he came here.

We got out of the car without saying a word to each other. We walked silently and stood by Emily's gave. Doyle was looking at the tombstone with a sad face.

''You really loved her don't you?'' I asked after a while.

''I still do.'' He replied with a weak smile.

''That day what I said to you...I am really sorry.''

''Don't be, you were right. You did so much for me and I treated you like  a trash. I should have been grateful to you.'' Doyle turned to face me and I listened to him intently.

''Jack and Jill both of them really like you and I can see that you treat them as if they are your own siblings_''

''They are as good as.''

Doyle looked at me with a calculating face and then sighed.

''When Emily died I cried for days. Every night I would have night mares about my own father, my mother was gone too so I was own my own. Jack and Jill were my only family. They are like my lifelines. They give me hope to go on when I gave up.''

''You did the best job a brother could do Doyle. My father used to say that no matter what happens when there is someone that cares for you and you cares for them, it forms a strongest bond of love; one which can never be broken. It is those bonds that make us hope for the better even in the difficult times.''

''Your father is here too right?''

''Yeah. He is right there.'' I pointed towards the grave in the third row.

Doyle and I walked towards the grave, he plucked a flower from the bush and put it there.

''He must be a proud man to have  a daughter like you.'' He mummered and my eyes filled with tears.

''Yeah he was.'' I crouched down and touched his name with my hands. We remained there for a while in silence though I wasn't uncomfortable.

''I think we should go.'' Doyle said and I got up, He was already walking when I turned back my head and gazed at my dad's grave. A smile formed on my lips because I felt as if he was watching me, he was proud that I succeeded in clearing  up my problems, one by one. He would be happy to see that I was not a coward, that I was his brave daughter. I wiped my tears.

''Thanks Dad'' I whispered to my self and followed Doyle.

''You are an amazing person Allyson.'' Doyle said as we settled in.

''I know I am.'' I replied clearly amused.

''So that means we are buddies now.'' I joked.

''No'' He replied but then smirked.

''Although, I can help you beat up people when anyone mocks you. I can also beat that Sullivan guy.'' He offered grinning at me.

''No need of that now, Drake is no longer a threat.'' I replied jokingly yet I was grateful.

''What about Cattermole?'' Doyle question threw me off guard.

''W-what about him?''

''You have hots for him don't ya?'' I kept my mouth shut at that.

''Ha ha, I knew it.''

''Shut up.'' I grumbled.

''See you like him, he likes you, why don't you get together?''

''It's complicated. Love is complicated and he doesn't like me.'' I said looking out of the window.

''I am not good at giving out advices but there is one thing I can say; Love is not complicated, in fact it is the most simple thing in the world. It is us and our actions that complicate things.''

I was unable to replay, or it was safer to say that I was too shocked to replay. Because as much as I hated to admit it, he was right.
______________________________________________________________________________

Writing Doyle's character is most difficult because I dont want it to get the same as Derricks, while on other hand I dont want to make them sound alike but create some difference.

anyways, I know the story is lacking romance but its main purpose are the seven guys so yeah.. But the sequel will be more more romantic. Plzzz vote, comment and fan! Thanks for reading!