The Compromise (America POV)

Start from the beginning

I squeezed my eyes shut, preparing for pain.

But it never came.

A chilling breeze covered my skin instead. I looked up to see the tip of the dagger inches away from my chest. The only thing separating it from me, was a sheet of ice that held it in place.

"What the hell," said an all too familiar voice.

Two agents dressed in white tackled the psycho and knocked her unconscious. Another was accompanied by Mr. UN and a team of medics, who rushed to help those who were injured. One also came to treat my wound.

"You're back? I honestly didn't think they were gonna let you go," I laughed, then winced as the medic disinfected the cut.

"Well, it's still in discussion... though I don't know exactly what is being discussed." Russia replied.

"One thing's for sure, ordinary restrictors don't work on you either!" another voice piped in, "I guess it's back to the drawing board for me!"

It was a young woman with dark blue skin and pixie cut hair. Shining freckles dotted her face like stars with a red streak running across her face. She wore a simple collared shirt, blue jeans and a white lab coat with her emblem over her heart. Her left eye was replaced with a bionic one and her right arm was a highly sophisticated prosthetic. It was my good friend NASA.

She smiled when she saw me, "Well Little Boss, you're going to get a custom collar buddy!" she teased.

"Quit it with the nicknames NASA, I'm not small anymore and YOU KNOW IT," I flustered as my face turned red from embarrassment. Russia stood idly by with a confused look on his face.

"You two know each other- actually, I'm not that surprised." he sighed.

"Yeah," she said, "I used to be a normal person and then NATO and Ame found me and gave me the job to help the humans fly to the moon."

"And she's been tinkering and exploring as the National Aeronautics Space Administration ever since." I finished.

Russia looked at me disapprovingly, "You said that just to sound smart didn't you."

After things had been cleaned up, we were dismissed and headed back to the main grounds for lunch. But was I allowed to go eat my meal in peace? No. I was held back by one of the agents.

"Mr. America, the Headmaster would like for you to meet him in his office so please head over there if you may."

I yanked my arm out of his hand in annoyance, "Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeee," I grumbled.

I walked down the hall to a grand set of doors to the room where Headmaster UN resided and was greeted by another group of white uniformed men. They escorted me in (not that I needed it at all). It seemed as if I had walked into the middle of a serious conversation between NASA and UN. Russia was also there with a bunch of agents watching his every move for any hint of defiance.

Mr. UN addressed my presence first, "America, good to see you. Take a seat," he said as one of his floating hands pulled up a chair from behind. I reluctantly complied.

"Sir, would you care to fill me in?" I suggested. UN took a deep breath and laced his fingers together as he gathered his thoughts.

"America... Do you remember what we discussed directly after the incident? Do you remember the words I spoke?"

I wracked my brain as bits and pieces of our conversation floated back.

Flashback:

America stood in front of his house that was suspended in the air with giant pikes of ice. Two weeping girls clawed and screamed as panic consumed them. Kazakhstan stood by Canada and America stood there as a sinking feeling filled his stomach.

"This is the Eternal Winter. It's Russia's Awakening."

These words only helped solidify the dread that held him in place.

"Undoubtedly, you have realized it too now." A voice called from behind. The authorities had arrived.

The Powers gazed at the mess and nodded to their men to start escorting the crowd away from the scene. UN made his way down to the frozen Superpower.

"I- I had my suspicions... but I still don't want to believe it," America whispered.

UN leaned down to his height and muttered, "Whether you choose to believe it or not does not change the situation. You know this ice is unbreakable and unmeltable by any normal means."

America clenched his fists as he hissed, "You don't have to finish. I know what you are implying and I really don't like it. But I don't seem to have a choice now do I?"

UN handed America a black fingerless glove as he announced, "United States of America, in the name of the United Nations, you are permitted to summon the Fire. It seems that only you can fix this now."

To be continued...

AUTHOR'S NOTES: Damn, I really can't focus right now. Save my sanity please.