Chapter Twelve

Vote.

Comment.

Share.

~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~

Kristina's POV

~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~

"And this-" My father announced as we broke through the line of trees and into what appeared to be a small village of tiny wooden houses. "-Is the main source of the pack. All the families live here."

I walked closely beside him, looking around in awe. The houses looked as if they had been carved and crafted by hand. The houses were the same and yet insanely different. One house was surrounded by flowers and plant pots. Another seemed to be covered in so many cobwebs that it me wonder if a vampire lived there, not a werewolf.

Children of all ages raced around, laughing freely as they went. Mothers conversed on the porches of their houses while the teens just walked around, shoving each other and messing around.

"How many people live here?" I question as I continued to breath everything in.

After our little crying session in the woods we had gotten up and walked here. What had spoke animatedly as we went, questioning each other about every insignificant detail of our lives. Favourite colours. Favourite foods. Likes. Dislikes. Favourite songs. Favourite instruments. Best memories.

"In this sector? Around sixty." He answered as he narrowly avoided be rammed into by a small child making aeroplane noises with his sprinkle covered mouth.

"What do you mean by sector?"

"There are five sectors," He replies, resuming his spot at my side. "All the same but each sector houses different kinds of wolves. The warriors, the trackers, the accountants. Things like that."

I frown. "Do you think that's a good idea?" I inquire. He frowns down at me before motioning for me to continue. "I mean, what if you were under attack. All the warrior wolves could be on the other side of the land. It would take them at least twenty minutes to get to the other side where the non-warriors were and by then halve of them would be dead."

He stared at me for a moment, seeming surprised by my argument. after a few seconds he finally replies." I think you're right. That is much more logical. We will bring that up in the the next Pack meeting." He says the end more to himself than to me.

"What's that? A pack meeting, I mean?" I ask, coming to a stop. A few feet away stood a small girl sitting alone on the ground with a small doll and her thumb in her mouth. Standing a few steps behind her was a group of five other girls, they were whispering and giggling as they stared at the smaller girl on the ground.

Bullies no doubt.

"It's when the whole pack gathers together and we inform everyone of changes in our way of life and new threats."

That didn't seem like a good idea either, gathering everyone in one place. If they were attacked they would be surrounded and there would be no way out. It would be a slaughter.

"Are there any threats now?" I ask, watching as the one of the five girls approached the girl with the doll with an evil smile on her face. The other four girls trailed behind her, giggling also.

My father scowled, blue eyes darkening to a coal black. "None that you should know of." He growled.

"And whys that?" I watched as the girl who appeared go be the leader of the group kicked the girl with the doll in the leg before she grabbed a lock of the girls dark brown hair and gave it a rough tug. "Hold on a minute." I say, already walking towards the girls.