Chapter 29: Sparkly and Shiny?

Start from the beginning

Seeming content Knox smiles and lets go of me but not for long because he then snags my wrist and starts walking off with me in tow. Usually I hated people touching me or even being near me for that matter but something about the way his hand is holding mine feels… right.

“Okay so what horse is yours?” Knox asks as he tugs me to his side as we stand in the castles stables. Here we hold many horse, all different kind but I know what you're wondering and no, we don’t have any unicorns here. Chloe thought it would be the coolest thing ever, Athena thought it would be unpractical and I just straight up refused, it’s entirely inhumane. The stable is entirely made of wood, stalls lined up along each other on each wall with a large supply and tack room in the back.

“Knox, I don’t ride horses, that’s completely ridiculous,” I state and look up to his curious, scrunched face. Hey I may not want my people riding unicorns but I sure as hell do every once in a while. Besides they’re also kind of the obvious…

“Why?”

“Um Knox… I kind of have wings,” I say and Knox’s eyes widen and he takes a step back holding both his hands out in front of him, fear etched across his face.

“Okay one of us is one something because I don’t see any wings,” Is this guy insane, how would he not know? But of course when I look at him he’s standing close to me again with a smile plastered on his face “I’m just kidding, I’m not an idiot, in fact I’m a genius. So I guess we are just going to meet where we discussed?”

I smile at an amazing thought that crosses my mind “You could always take Bloodshed?” I start laughing at his reaction but he only glares at me and walks away towards the horses, I’ll take that as a ‘no thanks’.

By the time I get to the meadow secluded in the enchanted forest after taking my sweet time, Knox is nowhere to be seen. Now it could be because he got lost or the ride he chose is as slow as a horse! I swear people need to get with the times if he had taken Bloodshed he would have gotten here before me.

Ten minutes pass before I hear the repeating sound of a horses hooves connecting with the forest floor. Knowing he’s finally here I take my time to look around at my familiar surroundings. I trail my hands through the tall green grass that stretches to the height of my waist, within the grass there are scattered pure white daisies. Today the sky is bright blue not a cloud to lay on much to my disappointment but I can’t think about that now me and Knox have unicorns to check up on.

“Wow, beautiful”

I smile at Knox’s voice as I hear him jump off his horse and walk over to me, I knew he would like it here. Except when I look back at Knox who now stands behind me he isn’t admiring the landscape as I was, his eyes are staring at me.

Oh.