Ch. 45

Still not very good , but improving , fortunately . 

Enjoy x

~~

(unedited)

"I feel like I'm suffocating ." Louis pulled at his collar a bit , Harry rubbed his back , "Take a deep breath , it'll be over soon ."

They were sat inside of the court room with their lawyer , Anne sitting in the rows behind them . It's been a while since Louis decided to sue the restaurant manager who fired him , and now it was finally court day . To say he was nervous would be an understatement .

Louis looked behind him to where Anne was sitting , she gave him an encouraging smile and a nod of her head , he smiled back and turned to look at the former manager , Vera , the one who ran the restaurant before the one who fired him .

He was about to turn back to face Harry , when he saw Mitch , Sarah , Adam and Claire walking in , he furrowed his eyebrows , "What are you guys doing here ?"

"Making sure she gets what she deserves ." Claire said and sat with the other three next to Anne .

The judge walked into the room and sat down with two more on either side of her , she opened the trial and asked Louis' lawyer , Oscar , to stand up first and explain the reason they were suing the restaurant owner , Daria Brown .

Daria was brought up to testify , making people around the room scoff and roll their eyes as she proceeded to explain that customers wouldn't walk in when they saw that a crippled person worked there , or would leave after overhearing Louis talking about his sexuality .

Louis was up to testify right after , trying not to shrink in his seat as he talked about Daria's treatment towards him compared to the former owner , his experience working in the restaurant and being overlooked at as a crippled person .

The restaurant's former owner , Vera , testified aswell , confidently stepping over everything Daria had said about Louis , which made Louis smile faintly .

It didn't take long for the judge to conclude the trial and pronounce Daria as guilty and charged her with seventy five thousand dollars .

Louis felt his ears ringing at the sound of it and he gripped Harry's bicep , eyes filling with tears .

Harry turned to him , "Deep breaths , love . We did it ." He wrapped his arms around him , thanking Oscar , the lawyer , over Louis' shoulder .

Oscar shook his hand and smiled , "My pleasure ." 

Harry smiled back and turned his attention to Louis , he squeezed him gently , "Let's stand up , baby , I've got you ."

Louis pulled back from their hug and wiped under his eyes , standing up with Harry glued to his side . He turned to Oscar and couldn't help but hug him aswell , "Thank you so much ."

Oscar chuckled and patted his back , "No worries , I'm glad I could help ." They pulled away and made their way out of the court room , where Anne , their friends and Vera were waiting .

Anne was the first to embrace Louis in her arms , kissing his head a few times , "So happy for you , dear ."

Louis squeezed her and sighed , "I'm so relieved , you have no idea ." He pulled back and turned to thank Vera for being there and testifying aswell .