Prompts

Here is a list of 100 prompts to use for any of the tasks. There's something here for all genres.

(Disclaimer: These prompts have all been found on the internet somewhere. We do not own them.)

1. It's June 13th, the snow won't stop falling.

2. This needs to be cleaned, the police will be here any minute.

3. Your character has the power to stop time.

4. Just as you fall asleep, the phone rings.

5. There is only one book left on earth. Your character is holding it.

6. Out of the ashes, arose a hero.

7. One day you wake up and nobody remembers you.

8. Just as your flight takes off, you discover a shocking note under your seat.

9. The world is dying. The earth is sick and killing all the plants and probably life as we know it.

10. Non-magic people are outlawed. Your character has no magic and their older sibling has been ensuring nobody knows since your character was born. One missed moment might ruin everything.

11. Your character has always believed magic exists. They just didn't know how close it really was.

12. Emotions can be controlled. Thoughts can be stolen. In the world your character lives in, holding on to your own sanity is the difference between destruction and thriving. They must learn to push out anyone who tries to alter their perception of reality.

13. Your character hears a language they've never heard uttered before that day...yet they understood every single word. Turns out, they're not really from where they think.

14. Your character is a compulsive liar, unable to stop themselves from spinning tales that make them the envy of everyone around them. Then they wake up one day to discover that their lies have all come true...

15. Your character lives in a world where every single person's DNA is carefully genetically designed for something to help the community. Your character despises what they were created for. This has never happened before.

16. The world used to be plagued with war and famine and inhumanity. But after years and years of developing a technical system that is the center of and controls everything, it's almost completely peaceful. Your character is the engineer keeping the system running and when they uncover how it works, they contemplate abandoning everything they know.

17. Your character invents airborne particles with the intent to eradicate diseases. Unfortunately, they become radioactive, toxic, and severely deadly to anyone who breathes in even a tiny amount.

18. Oceanic cities have been built for the rich. They float atop the ocean, traveling hundreds of miles a day, all while its citizens go about their everyday life. Unfortunately, your character discovers a superstorm developing below the ocean's surface, something that has never happened before – something they are wildly unprepared for.

19. Centuries ago, a solar flare damaged the Earth's atmosphere in the opposite way expected; it actually made it stronger. But now the sun's rays have difficulty penetrating it and the world is slowly growing colder. Your character is among the many determined to find a way to fix it.

20. Happiness is an illusion, as are every other emotion. In your futuristic society, humans are bred in a lab without them as a means of creating equality. The only problem is that your main character was born the natural way...with every emotion intact. If this is discovered, they'll have to fend for their life.