Experience and Levels

By now you've probably read through the different Pathways and the Keeping Track chapter, so you should understand reasonably well what you're supposed to be doing. This chapter will explain in a little more detail how the experience system and leveling up works.

First, you choose a Pathway. Within that chapter you choose a task. For example, let's say you've chosen the pathway Just Write and decided to complete the task "write a blurb". This is an Easy task and is therefore worth 2 points. Easier, shorter tasks are worth fewer XP than harder, longer tasks. First, complete the task by writing that blurb.

Once you've completed the task, you can go to your Keeping Track spreadsheet (see chapter Keeping Track). Fill in that you've completed the task "write a blurb" and that you've earned 2 XP (experience points). If this is your very first task, you'll find that the sheet doesn't quite yet tell you what your level is. This is because of the equation that calculates your level. This simply means that you're still on level 1. Once you reach 4 XP, the spreadsheet will start working and it will change to level 1. Getting 5 XP will change your level to 2, gaining 8 XP will level you to level 3, and so on.

There is not a maximum level you can reach. The equation is created in such a way that it can calculate your level no matter how much XP you get. For any new level you reach, you can get a new sash to show off your Author Level on your Wattpad profile page. The higher you get, the more advanced you are as an author!

In the chapter Graphics, you will find the sashes for the first ten levels. If you get higher than that, please send us a private message stating which level sash you need and with a link to your Keeping Track spreadsheet.

If you still have questions, please don't hesitate to ask them in the comments!

Here is once again the table that shows how much XP you need for the first 60 levels: