Chapter 17: New Beginnings

Jasmine 

I break out of the kiss, mostly to get some air because this man was intoxicating me. I never thought he would love me, let alone declare it at my doorstep at one in the morning.

''You drove here in the rain?" I ask, his arms still wrapped around my waist.

''I drove most of the way. Then the car broke down, so I had to run."

''Cole, that was incredibly stupid.''

''Only for you. ''

•••

TWO LONG YEARS LATER

''Oh my gosh, would you hurry up.'' Gracie groaned, waiting for me to get out of the shower.

Wrapping a towel around my body and making sure it was secure, I stepped out of the bathroom.

''Happy now?''

She doesn't answer and only rushes out of the room shouting, ''Daddy! She's done!''

Grabbing my dress, I went downstairs, meeting them in the kitchen. With his back to me, he adjusts his football uniform.

''Babe.'' I call, skipping closer. 

''Yes, dear.''

''Can I wear this?'' I ask as I wait behind him

Not sparing a glance at the dress, he answered, ''Wear whatever you want. I can fight.''

I tried to hide my blush. ''Yeah. You proved that. ''

Rushing back upstairs and holding the side of the towel to prevent it from falling. When I made it to our room, I inspected the dress one more time. It was a gold Rosabel slip dress. It was absolutely stunning, but I didn't understand why I had to wear it to a football game, but I went along with it. Whatever surprise they were hiding, I didn't like it one bit. I was sure whatever it was, I would love it. But the suspense was killing me.

Dropping the towel, I slipped the dress on. It was a bit long to wear. I had to carry the ends to prevent myself from tripping, but I still looked fantastic as I studied myself in the mirror. After grabbing black flats to go with them, I applied my makeup. Adding a bit of blush, foundation, and mascara.

''Jasmine, are you ready, sweetheart?'' Cole shouted as I began walking downstairs again.

I didn't answer because they probably have already heard my footsteps. With each passing step, I held the ends of the dress a little tighter. Finally making down, hearing me, they turned from what they were doing and had identical expressions. Mouth hanging open with wide eyes. It was the cutest thing.

I grinned as I walked over. ''Take a picture, it'll last longer.'' I said, shutting both their mouths.

''You look gorgeous, Jasmine.'' Cole complimented.

''Like a Disney princess.''' Added Gracie.

''Thank you. You guys look amazing as well, but do you mind telling me why I'm the only dressing up?''

''It's a surprise'' Gracie replied, whispering, ''Now get out and go wait in the car.'' she ordered, pushing me to the entrance.

I was glad she hadn't changed from her bossy self since Cole and I got together. In fact, when we had first told her the news, she was more excited than us.

''Alright, alright. No need to push.'' I said, and they turned back to whatever paper they had been looking at.

Walking out the door, I got in the car. I and Cole both agreed to buy a new car last year, which was a red coupe. He had insisted on buying a more expensive one with his money, but I wanted to pay equally.

It took about three minutes for them to join me. Gracie hoping in the back and Cole smiling widely as he started the car.

''Seatbelts!'' he reminded and all of us buckled up.

''Everyone ready to go?''

''Yep," I responded, placing my hand on Cole's as we always did when driving.

Since his game was out here and wasn't very far, it was about a fifteen-minute drive before we got there. And once we made it there and got out of the car, Cole kissed me and gave Gracie a kiss on the cheek.

''You guys know the drill. I have to go to the locker room a-''

''And we go to the stands to watch you win. Yeah, we know, babe. Go,'' I said, grabbing Gracie's hand.

He smiled before throwing his bag over his shoulder and sprinting off. Gracie and I walked to the building, but I blinked, dumbfounded, when we walked in, and it was completely empty.