Chapter 1: Nanny For Hire

Jasmine

''Gracie, sweetheart, say hi to the new nanny, please,'' He said as the little girl came from behind him dressed in a pink dress.

Oh, she's an angel. I was paranoid for no reason. I can't believe I thought she was going to be some type of Tasmanian devil. Pfft. This is going to be lemon squeezy.

''You remind me of Cinderella.'' The little girl said, crossing her arms.

''Aww, that's so sweet. Thank you so m-''

''Before the bippity boppity boo.''

Seventy-two-hours before:

''Aren't you a cutie? Yes, you are! You're going to grow up to be big and strong? Yes, you are!''

''Jazz, we talked about this. Stop talking to the puppies like they are babies. They can't even hear you.'' Ethan argued, walking in the room and rolling his eyes.

''How do you know? What if they can hear me and they just don't want to say anything because you're always making fun of them? Never thought of that, did you?'' I protested, setting a newborn puppy in it's bed.

''Maybe, or they really can't hear you, and you're just a weirdo. ''

''Whatever. My shift is about to end. I'm going to go fill out my form and head out.'' I answere, choosing not to have this argument for the third time today. I walk to the back and take off my protective gear.

Working at the New Wings Pet Shelter, wearing regular clothes, was suicidal. I never knew whether one day I would have poop all over my pants or shredded hair. Puppies, dogs were the main hassle. I basically lived in fur. Although some of that was my fault. I just couldn't resist the little fellas.

''Let's hope he's not here,'' Ethan says, interrupting me from my thoughts.

''I swear, if he's in there, I'm walking out so fast. ''

Bernie Irving. My stalker boss. He started off as the typical 'do what I say, or you're fired' type. Then he gradually became a creep. Staring at my boobs, 'accidentally' touching my ass, sexual remarks. That's not even the worst part. One day after coming home from work, I found a letter sitting on my counter from him. But it was either move back in with my parents or put up with my pervert boss.

I find him in the room, at the back of the building, his creepy smile greeting me as he closes the fridge.

''Good afternoon, Ms. Grayson. You are looking rather ravishing today.'' He compliments me as I try to get to the form.

Oh, please, just let me get out of here.

''Thanks.'' I try to walk past him, but he blocks my path and stands in front of me, crossing his arms. ''Is there a problem?" I ask, already annoyed.

He doesn't answer, instead moves closer to me. Before I knew it, his hands were on my butt, and he was leaning down to kiss me.

I shove him back before he could kiss me, his eyes widening as he stumbles back and hits his back on the edge of the table.

'''Oww! What the-''

But adrenaline courses through my veins and I take one step forward, striking across the face. ''Fucking perv!" I shout, ripping off the protective gear and striding out of the room.

Ethan frowns when I pushs the door open. "You okay? I heard you yell. What happene-"

''Low life dirtbag, kiss my ass!" I yell, interrupting Ethan and walking out of the store with my bag.