Chapter 71: Avengers...

Start from the beginning

"What can I say? I wanted to give it a go." I told him before raising my hand up into the air as I saw Valkyrie flying nearby on her Pegasus.

"Valk!" I called her name, causing her eyes to fall onto me. As she flew over, she grabbed my hand and pulled me into the air.

"Need something?" She asked as she tried to pay attention to the battle going on all around her.

"You able to throw me any higher?" I tilted my head. I got my answer when she swung her arm upwards, launching me further into the air. I placed my hands together, deciding to go for a revamped version of a technique I used on Sakaar.

"Valla de mil partes." I created a glowing pile of energy, throwing it down at the outriders below. The beam of energy burst apart into 1000 more darts, stabbing and killing many, many creatures before I landed back down with a small shockwave of energy.

"Look who's still kickin'." I looked over my shoulder, feeling joy suddenly well up in me again. Ryan tilted his head at me, a small wave from him.

"Ryan!" I shouted his name, running to him.

"How's life been?" He bumped fists with me, and a part of me wanted to hug him, but there was a bit of a battle going on. He fired a shot of energy from his shoulder cannon, hitting a Chitauri down from the sky without even looking.

"Depressing." I answered, eliciting a shrug from him.

"Sounds about right."

3rd Person POV

Tony tore apart outriders with his lasers, landing down and going back to his repulsors. Then he was slammed in the back by Cull Obsidian, knocking him into a rock and onto his back. Cull shrugged off all the shots that began to hit him in the chest, aiming to stab down at Tony with his arm blade.

Peter grabbed the large alien with his webs, tugging him backwards and onto the ground where Scott stomped onto him, killing him almost instantly.

"Hey." Peter jumped down and helped Tony up. "Holy cow. You will not believe what's been going on. Do you remember when we were in space? And I got all dusty? And I must've passed out, because I woke up and you were gone. But Doctor Strange was there, right? And he was like... 'it's been five years. Come on, they need us.' And then he started doing the yellow sparkly thing that he does all the time."

Tony ignored the long explanation, hugging Peter as he was happy to see him after so long. Peter was taken aback by the sudden show of affection, but shrugged it off and accepted the hug.

Wanda dodged a shot from Proxima, attempting to disarm her with magic, but the woman continued to block the attacks with her spear. While Wanda was distracted, an outrider grabbed her by the leg, forcing her to hit it away with a gust of energy.

When she turned back to Proxima, she only saw the three prongs of her spear coming towards her face. She shut her eyes as a reflex, expecting to be stabbed. But nothing happened. She slowly opened her eyes. The spear had paused mere inches from contact with her face.

The weapon suddenly fell to the floor, and Wanda could see a sword retract from Proxima's gut. The other woman fell down to the ground limp, and Wanda got a look at her saviour.

"That's the second time I've saved you from that psychopath." (Y/N) turned his sword back to a gauntlet as he walked over to Wanda. She looked at him in happiness to see him, but something about him was screaming of him suppressing his emotions at the moment.

"Let's hope it's the last." Wanda muttered, closing the distance between them and standing beside (Y/N).

"For the record, I kind of just stole your guitar and have become a guitar hero in the last 5 years." (Y/N) tilted his head in amusement at himself. Wanda rolled her eyes, somewhat surprised that he had the patience to learn guitar.

"Wait, five years? How long have I been..." She looked at her hands for a second. "No wonder you seem to..."

"Don't finish that sentence, Wanda. If you're about to say something along the lines of me losing my love for you because of being alone for so long, you're wrong." (Y/N) placed a hand on her shoulder. To say there was a battle going on around them, they were doing a really good job at doing fuck all to help with it. Wanda sighed, feeling warmth fill her heart again.

"Love you, too." She smirked, beginning to walk past him to go back into fighting. He grabbed her wrist, turning her to face him again, much to her surprise.

"Damn you. I wanted to say that first." He pouted, making her laugh. Wanda wrapped her arms around the back of (Y/N)'s neck, pulling him into a kiss that she didn't realise she had been wanting. Although she didn't know it, (Y/N) was trying to find a way to initiate the same thing, but had been hesitating because of his own fear of her thinking differently after the five years.

Before either of the two could do anything more, (Y/N)'s hand shot into the air, catching the hilt of a glaive that was about to strike down into his back. He rolled his eyes, lightly separating himself from Wanda with a hand on her cheek.

"Go murder some things. We'll talk later." (Y/N) said calmly as if he wasn't three feet away from Corvus Glaive. Wanda chuckled, turning and running off to take down other outriders.

"You're kind of interrupting." He tilted his head to Corvus who was struggling to try force his weapon out of (Y/N)'s grip.

"You killed my wife." He said as if his future self and wife hadn't tried to kill them.

"You killed my father. Prepare to die." (Y/N) did his best Inigo Montoya impression, pushing Corvus back before striking down on his weapon.

"Thor!" Loki moved back to back with his brother, slaying outriders as they ran at them both. "What... happened to you? New haircut?"

"Brother, it's so good to see you!" Thor cut down creatures with Stormbreaker. It felt wonderful to see his brother again. He proceeded to bring down lightning on the aliens ahead of him, while Loki threw a barrage of daggers out of thin air, stabbing and killing those in front of him. The two turned around to face each other, hugging.

Loki backed up, staring at the complete body transformation of his brother. What the hell happened to him?

"Mother would not be happy." Loki put a hand on his head.

"Mother wasn't happy." Thor told him, spinning Stormbreaker in hand.

"Wasn't?" Loki raised an eyebrow.

"Long story."