2

"What happened to you?"

The last thing Kokichi expected to see when he walked into his bedroom was his sister, sitting on his bed, a single condescending eyebrow raised. He sighed.

"Give it a rest, Celestia. I got attacked by a troll, alright? Will you go away?" He slumped into a chair, pouting, quite irritated due to the angry lecture he had just received from his aunt.

"A troll? Really? Interesting. If that is the case, how come I remember overhearing you telling Auntie that you were chasing after your horse? You did not mention a single thing about a troll. If you are going to lie, at least keep it consistent."

"You're no more honest than I am. Besides, what if I got attacked by the troll after chasing my horse into the woods? Ever think of that?" He spat back. She chuckled.

"The least you could do is invite me to come along." She stood and walked over to him, carrying a small ornate chest in her hand. 

She got down on one knee and opened the box, revealing medical supplies and tonics in a disorganized pile inside. She pulled out a few and began working on the scrape on his leg, which was bleeding slightly.

"Why would I? You're such a buzzkill! Besides, mom forces you to wear those fancy dresses, and they always get stuck on the trees and messed up and she gets mad at us, and I'm sick of her lectures about being proper or whatever." 

She pulled out a cotton swab and poured a bit of blue liquid onto it, dabbing it onto his knee. He winced. "A buzzkill, am I? I will have you know that I am the only thing keeping you from running out there and getting yourself killed. Even after the werewolf attack, you continue to insist upon invoking the wraths of those creatures."

"I mean, my leg did grow back. Besides, the healing process didn't even hurt. Everyone telling me it was gonna be utter agony was just being dramatic."

She rolled her eyes. "Are you attempting to make a joke? I could not sleep due to how loud you were screaming all night."

"That was the point, dear sister. I exist to make you suffer."

"In that regard, you have succeeded. Now, get ready. We have our lunch in a few minutes." She stood, finished fixing the scrape on his knee. A bandage wasn't necessary, as the wound was quite small.

He let out a frustrated whine. "I don't wanna goooo!" 

"My god, you're such a child." She hissed, sighing. "You and I both know attendance is required from both of us. I do not want to go any more than you do. Do you really want to get in more trouble today?"

"Yes. Yes I do."

"Then, by all means, go ahead. I will see you there."

With that, she turned and walked out of the door, her even and measured footsteps tapping on the hallway and eventually fading entirely. 

He stood up and pushed the door shut with a sigh, pulling off his tunic and putting it into a large wicker container he kept in his room for his dirty clothing. Despite his big talking, he was well aware he couldn't just not show up.

He could just toss it on the floor, but he wanted to make things a bit easier for the people tending to his room. It was already messy enough as it was, much less with dirty clothes scattered everywhere.

He walked up to his large ornate chestnut wardrobe, sorting through the clothing inside until he settled on one, tugging it on and doing all the buttons and clasps and actually putting effort into making it look straight, clean, and presentable. A friend of his father from overseas was visiting, and he had no choice but to try and present himself as noble to them.