Chapter 64: Rally The Team

Start from the beginning

"As a baby." Link added.

"Will he still grow?" Pietro thought aloud. He made it sound like Scott was some kind of plant seed.

"Bring Scott back." Steve ordered, and Scott disappeared back again.

"When I say kill the power, kill the power." Bruce looked over at Pietro, making him appear at the power box with zip. "And... kill it!" He tapped a couple more buttons before he shouted the command. Right after Pietro slammed the power off, the normal Scott was spat out of the van.

Well, it was fun while it lasted.

"Somebody peed my pants." Scott froze on the spot as everything from the last minute was probably rushing through his mind.

"Oh, thank God." Natasha put a hand over her heart. A very odd use of words after what Scott just said. It made me look at her with a very, very curious expression for a few moments.

"But I don't know if it was baby me or old me." Scott added.

"My money is on you yourself." Pietro wagered with a smirk. That was almost a guarantee, to be honest.

"That might be it." Scott confirmed before removing his mask. Lucky guy. He's not dead.

"Time travel!" Bruce exclaimed happily. He wasn't wrong. Steve sighed and began walking away, making me smirk at how Bruce just broke him. Well, guess I'll follow Steve and make sure he's not about to go jump in front of a car after listening to Bruce.

I walked out of the glass doors, waking up to Steve as he stood near a round metal pillar. God, I loved this place. The amount of time spent at the compound compared to other places had dwindled in the last 7 years. First because of the accords, then because of... well... lake house.

The sound of tires screeching made me and Steve look across the road at a car driving to us. Clearly Tony because of the model. Not all of us were rich... I mean I owned a Lambo still... I think... somewhere.

"Bro, he's speeding. 20 dollar fine." I joked as he came round the corner. The sound made me cover my ears ever so slightly. Apparently I could hear that a lot clearer than Steve.

"I don't think he'd really care about 20 dollars, (Y/N)." Steve told me as Tony pulled up. He drove past us ever so slightly, then began backing up and stopping again next to us. His unbothered face was just staring forward before his window rolled down and he turned to us.

"The fuck was that? You're giving Russel Howard a run for his money with that comedy." I narrowed my eyes at him. I wasn't sure if he was trying to be funny. But if he wasn't, it was scary to think that he'd managed to be unconsciously.

"Watching comedy shows? You seem like a Dick Van Dyke guy." Tony said jokingly. It was giving me horrible, horrible flashbacks of when I agreed to watch those damn 60s sitcoms, the 70s ones, the 80s, the 90s. You may ask: why would you agree to something that you think of as torture? My answer: you'd do the same if it got you at least 20 minutes to sit next to the girl you like.

"Say that name and I'll break your fucking jaw." I smiled innocently at him, seeing him place a hand on his chest in mock fear.

"I'm afraid. Did you guys manage to turn him into a baby?" Tony shifted the topic back to time travel. Sneaky little billionaire.

"Among other things. What are you doing here?" Steve's eyes showered the area as he waited for a response.

"It's the EPR Paradox." Tony stated as he opened his car door and began to get out.

"Explained in words that none scientists like I can understand?" I asked with no clue what that meant. Hell, the most science I learnt was from The Magic School Bus.