001.

Ailynn' Ranada Mitchell

today I was going to get my hair done & my nails done with my bestie Zamaj. me & zamaj have been bestfriends for foreverrrrr. ever since we had been kids we have been inseperable. she never crossed me & i would never cross her in a million years.

I got into my car & texted Zamaj that I was on the way. she responded almost instantly and said "okay". I was speeding past stop signs & lights and i finally had gotten to zamaj.

"BESTIEEEE" she said smiling as she adjusted the passenger seat.

"girl it feel like ian see you in forever" I told her while switching the radio station to aux & connecting my phone.

"i knowww, but what you been up to" she asked me. I drove off to the nail shop.

"girl nun tryna get this PhD. i'm ready to be a doctor already" i said.

"i see ya girl" she snapped her fingers and took out her phone to record herself.

"what about you, what you been up to?"

"nun putting up with shawn bullshit. i'm getting so tired of him. but i try to stick around because of how long we been together" she rolled her eyes. Shawn is zamaj highschool sweetheart. they have been together forever , but after that first year shawn started cheating on her and being verbally abusive. plenty times maj came to me and told me some of the things he said to her. I always tell her to leave but she never listens.

"girl you need to leave that nigga for real. you not gon see until he start getting physically abusive" I focused back onto the road.

"lynn I know but its hard. I can't leave him he be going through stuff and i just wanna be there to help him" she sighed.

"ok maj whatever" i said before i parked in front of the nail place and we got out. the nail shop was kind of packed so i knew we would be in here for a lil while. we wrote our name on the list and sat and waited until it was our turn.

after about 1 hour zamaj name got called. then about 45 minutes after her my name got called. we both had finished getting our nails done right before the nail shop closed which was at about 7:40 pm. It was already dark outside.

my nails

majs nails

majs nails

we were walking back to the car now. 

"i'm gon have to reschedule our hair appointments for tomorrow cause its definitely too late now" i told maj. she nodded in agreement. we both got in the car.

before pulling off I pulled out my phone to reschedule but my sister Reine texted me.

"shit!" i exclaimed. I texted reine back "okay".

"what" maj looked at me.

"i forgot to pick up that laundry for my mama" I said. good thing the laundry place isnt far.

I drove off to the laundry place and it was still open. it kind of surprised me , i thought it would be closed. 

"stay here i'm gon be right out" i told maj. she nodded.

i got out the car and walked into the laundry place. when i walked in i saw a lot of cameras and a boy with a child who looked just like him. i'm guessing it was his son. when i walked in everybody was looking at me like i wasnt suppose to be here.

"um hey, can I pick up some clothes for Reilen Mitchell" I said walking up to the front desk.

"sure but I have to make it quick he's recording a music video" the cashier said pointing to the boy i saw when i walked in. 

it felt like we were staring at each other for years

it felt like we were staring at each other for years. I examined him carefully. he was a brownskin boy with the regular louisiana nigga hair, pretty brown eyes, and some dents across his head. I swear i had seen him somewhere before but i just couldnt put my finger on it.

he looked me up and down but he kept staring at my leg. I had on shorts so it was quite easy to see my bareskin. he kept focusing on my scar i had gotten when i was a kid. he looked like something had rung a bell in his brain. he was about to say something but before he could the cashier had come back. 

"here you are ma'am. your total is 32.79" she said. I handed her 2 twenties and she gave my change back. " have a nice day" she said. I said the same back and grabbed the bag off the counter . i walked out the store. 

after placing the bag in the trunk i got back into the car and let out a breath of relief.

"maj" i said. she looked at me confused.

"i think that was him" i said.

ooooooooo what y'all think? recommend to a friend.

leave a vote & a comment. :) thanks.