Mills & Boons Series 2 : The Mrs.

Start from the beginning

Abhishek looks at her and Pragya sucks her breath seeing his fury. Then he looks around and sees everyone staring at him.

Taking a deep breath, Abhishek turns to Nikhil, "You are fired."

"I am sorry, sir... I..." Nikhil starts stammering.

"Have the HR department handle it Ms. Arora." Abhishek orders her.

"Yes sir." Pragya replies in shock, he wasn't one to fire someone on a whim. Either Nikhil did something unacceptable or he was reacting in extremes due to his grandmother's illness. She never even knew he could be this angry ever.

Abhishek furiously pushes Nikhil away.

"Meet me in my cabin, Ms. Arora." Abhishek tells her and walks off.

"Yes, sir."

**********

After calling up the HR department regarding Nikhil and confirming with Disha about the flight tickets, Pragya goes to Abhishek's cabin.

"May I come in, Sir?" Pragya asks as she poked her head in.

Abhishek was standing by the glass window looking out at the street replies. "Come in, Ms. Arora."

Pragya walks in and updates him, "Purab Sir's tickets are booked for next week. King Sir said he won't be able to get back till day after so we have booked his ticket for then."

Abhishek nods. "And Nikhil?"

"HR is processing his paperwork."

"Good." Abhishek says and he turns around to face her.

Pragya waits for him to say something.

Abhishek walks to her without taking his eyes off her. his eyes piercing her eyes.

Pragya felt uncomfortable with the way he was watching her.

Pragya gulps feeling his gaze on her.

"I want you to come to my house." Abhishek tells her.

"Okay, sir." Pragya replies.

Abhishek looks her up and down, seeing that she was wearing a knee length skirt, he tells her, "Wear something else. Something Indian."

"Okay, sir." Pragya replies though she wanted to ask him why she needed to change her clothes, she didn't.

A small smile spreads through his lips and he leans on his desk, "You never asks questions, Ms. Arora."

"It's not my place to ask questions, Sir." Pragya replies feeling uncomfortable with the way he was smiling and being casual with her.

"It is not official. It is personal."

"Oh." Pragya replies surprised.

"I need a favor from you."

"Sure, sir. Anything."

He gives her a full smile, a devilish grin. "It's nice that you are giving me your word. You stay in a hostel, right?"

"Yes... but why did you say that?" Pragya asks a little worried.

Abhishek stands up straight. "Go to your hostel. Change your clothes. Whatsapp my driver your location and he will pick you up from there." Abhishek says and walks out.

Pragya turns to look at him walk out in utter confusion. Then notices him stop near the door.

"And Ms. Arora," Abhishek calls out to her as he turned to look at her. "Do dress up."

**********

Pragya was feeling nervous with the way her boss had behaved. She rings the bell as she tried to calm her racing heartbeat.