CHAPTER 31

"I think all aspiring and professional writers out there will agree when I say writing is a critical work," I paused, looking at them in front.

Cameras are flashing all around the venue and the people are listening.

"A story that implies that there's a teller and also a listener. To our dear great authors and aspiring writers as well, no matter how hard it is if you're dedicated, Austin Macauley Publishers are always with you until you reach your epilogue," I smiled, taking a deep breath before saying my last message.

I spoke, clasping my hand at the lectern, "I am particularly happy to be present in this unique event today and to exchange views and share experiences behind the great success of our writers, the publishing team of AMP. Let your unique awesomeness inspire confidence in others through your pens and papers. Enjoy the night."

When I finished the speech, guests, employees, and the heads applauded.

"Thank you and as a gift of appreciation, we want to give you a plaque of recognition for sharing your meaningful thoughts tonight. Round of applause for our dear Ms. Claire Althea Perez, the Marketing Manager of AMP," the master of the ceremony said, giving me the plaque and a bouquet.

"Thank you very much," I expressed my gratitude as I received them.

After the photo opportunity with the big bosses, I immediately got off the stage while Jayden held my hand supporting me not to stumble.

He made me sit at our designated table and seated beside me.

"I'm so proud of you, Claire," he complimented, holding my hand.

Nilagay ko muna 'yung bouquet at plaque sa table namin.

Nilingon ko naman siya at ngumiti.

"Thank you for being here with me, Jayden. Proud ako sa ating dalawa," I chuckled as he made a cute face.

Tumawa siya nang mahina at tumingin sa kamay naming dalawa.

Jayden niyo, kinikilig.

He lifted my hand and kissed it, "Just know that I adore you, so much."

Nakatingin lang ako sa kamay naming dalawa.

Alam kong hindi ko pa kayang sagutin ang sinabi niya dahil kailangan ko munang palipasin ang nararamdaman ko para kay Asher.

Oo, sabihin na nating matagal na 'yun pero hindi ko pa rin maiwasang umasa na baka sakaling maging maayos ulit kami.

All people deserve a second chance if they deserve it.

Lalong lalo na si Asher. Siya ang naging dahilan kung bakit naging matapang akong harapin ang aking mga kinakatakutan.

When the event was over, he accompanied me into my room.

"Come inside my room first, Jay," diretsong sabi ko sa kaniya sabay kuha ng susi sa aking pouch bag.

Napakunot noo siya, nagtataka sa aking sinabi, "Are you sure? I mean...'di ba hindi ka nagpapapasok sa room mo?"

"Ayaw mo?" I looked at him, raising an eyebrow.

I was about to close the door but he suddenly entered. I just chuckled at what he did.

Nilagay ko na muna ang aking mga gamit sa walk-in closet at bumalik na sa sala.

"Do you want to watch some movies together?" he asked my permission, leading me into the couch.