Part 6

"am.... eam... DREAM!" The positive guardian jumped at the sudden noise and dropped the plate he had been scrubbing for about an hour. "Are you alright?" Ink asked, carefully stepping over the shards that now rested on the floor.

"Y-yeah..." Dream said hesitantly. "I'm.... I'm f-fine..." Ink glared at him. "Bullshit." He said. Dream flinched. "If you were 'fine' then you wouldn't be shaking." The (slightly) taller said, wrapping an arm around his shoulders and pulling him into a hug.

Dream continued to shake as he burried his face into Inks chest. "I'm f-fine..." He muttered, more to himself then Ink. "I'm fine, I-I'm okay..." He continued to say.

Ink gently lifted the smaller up and watched as he curled up in his arms. "Do you want to talk about it...?" The taller asked, struggling to leave the kitchen without stepping one anything.

Dream nodded.

"I... I was w-with my brother..." He said sorrowfully. He immediately sensed the anger Ink felt at the mention of the negitive guardian. Not towards Dream, but towards Nightmare, for the pain he had caused the smaller.

Ink gritted his teeth. "Continue..." He said, forcing a smile. Dream stared up at him. "W-we were under t-the tree... He a-accused me O-of not c-caring.... He s-shouted at me...." Dream broke off with a heavy sob, and curled into himself again.

Ink felt a strong hated spark within him. He knew that this wasn't just a bad dream, he knew that this had actually happened to his flower. His Dreamy...

Both him and Dream knew that Nightmare would take great satisfaction in knowing that his baby brother often cried himself to sleep because of him.

Ink gently kissed the smaller on top of his skull. "It's okay..." He muttered, "I won't let him hurt you again..." They both knew that was a promise he couldn't keep. No matter how hard he tried.

'Please Dream...' Shattered's voice whispered. 'Try to be optimised... I'm sure he'll try his best...' He muttered. "O-Okay..." He said. Ink didn't question it.

Suddenly, he felt Ink stiffen. "I-Inky...?" He asked concerned. "Underswap." He said. "Timeline 689" Dream relaxed a bit knowing that it wasn't their Blue, but they still needed to help.

"Let's go."