traditional wedding

Start from the beginning

"This is indeed a special day, not only for Freddy and Gertrude, but for all of us, here in Tuckamore Bay. For the first time, since the end of the 19th century, Tuckamore Bay will host a traditional wedding, such as those performed in Tuckamore County, in the 18th century.

As is the tradition, there were no best men or maids of honour, as the entire County turned out for the wedding which was presided over by the head of Tuckamore County."

Bill turned.

"Mr.Issac Dove."

Bill turned back to those gathered and took another deep breath.

"Apparently, through some twist of fate, I have become the head of the families of Tuckamore Bay and with the help of the Newfoundland government, I am an official marriage commissioner and as such, can continue this wonderful tradition for as long as I walk this earth."

Bill smiled and looked around the room.

"And by the looks of those gathered here, that could be a long, long time."

Polite laughter came from those gathered, as they knew that Bill was referring to the fact that, in Tuckamore Bay, you never really didn't exist.

Bill turned to Freddy.

"Frederick Simpson. Is it your intention that on this 31st day of December, 2020, you will wed Gertrude Simpson?"

Freddy turned a dozed shades of red.

"Yes," he barely whispered.

Bill winked at him.

"A little louder, Fredy."

Freddy turned to those in the pub and practically yelled, "Yes."

He put his hand to his mouth.

"Shit, Ise sorry."

Those in the Pub laughed and clapped briefly.

Bill stepped forward and patted Freddy on the shoulder.

"You are doing great Freddy."

Bill walked to Clayton.

"Clayton, do you have the Tuckamore Bay medallion."

"ise do," Clayton nodded, as he took the medallion from his pocket.