Chapter 4: The Way of the Sword

Start from the beginning

Ares: It is fast. Its thin and sharp aesthetic can easily attack your enemies' weak spots rapidly and can escape tight situations...nice choice.

He kneels down and picks up a pebble, he turns to a <<Frenzy Boar>> and throws it over, gaining its attention. This is signified as the boar's eyes turn red instead of their normal green.

Ares: By the end of your training I want you to perform this, without hesitation

The boar screams and begins to charge at the masked player, the player himself holds the blade with his right hand and aims it as if he was pulling back an arrow while his other is aiming directly at the mob as well. He stands there and once it is a couple of feet away, in the blink of an eye he is already standing a couple of steps behind the boar as it shatters into digital crystals as all of its health was depleted.

He stands straight again and walks over to the female player. He hands her back her blade and opens his menu to scroll down to an item, catching a wooden sword out of the blue light.

Ares: Lesson number 1: Composure. A sword wielder must always remain calm under pressure, if you fail then you die.

He quickly swings at her which makes her step back and dodge. He attacks again and she was able to counter with her sword but his strength outmatched hers.

Asuna: Wait!-

Asuna: Wait!-

And with another swing, he knocks her sword out of her hand and she stumbles back onto her butt. She tries to get back up but was met with a sword at her throat.

Ares: Your opponent will not hesitate to kill you and will show no mercy. You just died.

He retracts the wooden blade and lends her a hand. She huffs and takes it.

Asuna: A little bit of a warning next time.

Ares: A predator has the element of surprise, they will not give their prey a "heads up". Again

She huffs again and goes to pick up the blade that landed away from her. Her instincts kick in and she rolls forward dodging another surprise attack. She grabs her blade and quickly turns around to aim at him but was met with dirt thrown at her eyes. She swings the direction it came from and rubbed her eyes removing the dirt. She opens them again to find nothing in front of her when suddenly she feels the wooden blade at her throat once again from behind.

Asuna: You threw dirt in my eyes!

Ares: Lesson number 2: Fight smart. Your opponent will never fight fair, so neither will you. Remember your life depends on it, so give it tooth and nail, no matter the cost.

Again he retracts the blade from her neck and she stands upward. He walks back into her field of vision and stands away from her.

Ares: This time I will fight where you can see me.

She nods but as soon as she does it he dashes at her. To her, he was a blur of darkness, she could barely see his blade. Following her instinct, she felt the slightest of taps on her sword so she swung in that direction expecting to block an attack. That's when her feet were swooped under her and landed on her side. And again she felt the blade at her throat.

Ares: Lesson number 3: Stance and grip. The grip of your hands and the position of your feet is everything in a fight. It gives your attack and blocks meaning and power, you failed-

Asuna: I know, I'm dead. *Sigh* If it means being knocked down, again and again, to survive then so be it.

Ares: Good to have spirit. Lesson number 4: Be aware of your surroundings.

This made the player confused but her thoughts were stopped when he threw a pebble past her. She turned around and saw a <<Frenzy Boar>> charging at her. She screamed and began to run away as it chased her around the field. The masked man remains quiet at the sight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

乇几|

(A/N): Hey guys, thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed it. More chapters coming soon so stay tuned.

Support my Kofi :)
ko-fi.com/guardian_angel21

Here's your chapterly meme