Chapter 58: Thor's Return

Start from the beginning

"He took Gamora to Vormir. He came back with the Soul Stone. But she didn't." She explained, looking down at the ground. Wait... so he... he killed her? I didn't know this girl, but I knew she was Quill's woman. Judging by the fact that if I lost Wanda I'd probably turn into a ticking time bomb, I could only assume the same for Quill.

"Quill. Quill, you need to keep calm." I could see his head slowly turn towards Thanos with a look of rage. This wasn't going to be pretty. I was probably the best option to do something since I was the only one free except for the woman. But she probably wanted him to hit Thanos, too.

"Quill, we almost have the gauntlet! Don't ruin this, now. If we-" I tried to reason with him before my body froze in place. A feeling of full body paralysis echoed through my person. What the hell?

"Tell me she's lying." Quill glared at Thanos. Why can't I move? Why can't I speak? I could just barely move my head and eyes. Using that little power, my sight slowly moved to the left. Strange had one free hand that seemed to be pointed towards me, an orange symbol around his arm. Was this his doing? Son of a bitch.

"Asshole, tell me you didn't do it!" Quill shouted. What is Strange's issue? Why is he stopping me from stopping Quill? Isn't that what we should be doing? Why wasn't the blue chick doing anything?

"I had to." Thanos muttered out.

"No, you didn't," Quill's eyes began to fill with tears as he finally snapped. His hand reeled back before striking forward and slamming his gun into Thanos' face. He got off three strikes before Tony did what I couldn't and grabbed him. But it was too late...

Thanos awoke, pulling the gauntlet back onto his hand and pushing Peter away. He then grabbed Mantis and tossed her into the air. He kicked Drax off of his leg, then dragged Strange and threw him. Only now did my body decide to react to my commands. I dove forward, slashing down at Thanos, then being smacked away.

I slid across the rocky terrain, colliding with Strange who was also on the ground. As soon as I realised where I was and who I was with, I stood to my feet. My hand flew to Strange's throat, dragging him up, too.

"What the hell was that?!" I growled, feeling my eyes start to turn ice blue. Strange looked both fearful and apologetic at the same time. How I'd love to crush his throat then and there. I released him and let him land on his feet so he could breathe and talk.

"I had to." He said in his usual little smart guy tone. I bit my lip to try and keep myself from physically attacking him, drawing blood as my fangs sank into my skin.

"Why? We could've- why?" I clenched both my fists as I looked up to see a nearby moon lighting up blue and purple.

"Listen to me. I'm going to open a portal and I need you to go through it. Remember how I said there were only two ways we won?" Strange met my eyes, making me remember him say that. "This is our best option. I'm sorry."

He suddenly opened a portal behind me, pushing me through it with some sort of knock back spell. I swear to god. That man would feel my anger one day.

3rd Person POV

Even with the assistance of Thor, Rocket, and Groot, it was still a difficult battle for all on the field. There was Cull Obsidian beating down Wakandans left, right and centre. Proxima Midnight was cutting them down with her swords. Outriders ran rampant as they tried to kill everything in their way. And literal fucking saws the size of houses were rolling around.

A full set of the saws began barrelling towards Natasha and Okoye, causing them both to duck down and expect death to come. Luckily for them, it didn't.