Chapter 15- The call

Start from the beginning

"You"

the doorknob jiggles leading me to jump slightly before practically screaming into the phone "I'm calling the cops"

Hanging up I run to Graysons room. He's sitting on his floor playing video games. He looks to me, his face paling when he sees the fear in mine.

"Come on" I say hurriedly grabbing his arm.

"What's going on?"

Ignoring him I pull him to Theo's room, flicking on the lights and locking the door. Theo's asleep on his bed so I wake him up by shaking him.

"What the hell?!" He grumbles sitting up half asleep.

"Dads here"

They both freeze, Theo standing up and going to the window.

"Here? Like at the house?" Grayson wonders, his eyes widening. I wrap an arm around him pulling him close.

"Where is that son of a bitch?" Theo seethes going for the door.

"He called me a few minutes ago, he's been watching us." I start to explain. "He knew where mom worked and that Grayson was still awake"

"Oh god" Grayson mumbles scooting closer to me as Theo paces grabbing his bat.

"Then I heard him at the door"

They both look back at me, paling exponentially.

"I locked them all, we're safe but he's out there."

Theo goes for the door, when his hand touches the doorknob I stop him.

"You're not going out there" I shake my head trying to pull him back. His calming brown eyes meet mine. His jaws clenched and although he's hiding it, I can see the worry in his face.

"I'm not going to give him a chance to hurt you guys again" he hugs both of us tightly before unlocking the door. "Call Cam"

And I do exactly that. I sit on the bed with Grayson, wrapping an arm around him and dial his number. It rings twice before he answers with a raspy voice.

"Lee? What's going on?"

"Dads here" I say quickly, I hear him shoot up from bed.

"I'm on my way" he says immediately. "Are you safe?" His voice was full of worry so I tried to sound as fine as I could.

"Yeah, all the doors are locked and Theo's checking the house." Although I was trying to sound calm I knew he could tell I was worried.

He knew me. He could always tell how I felt by just glancing at me or hearing my voice.

"Okay good. Stay in a room with the doors locked" he instructs "I'm getting dad and we'll be there in a minute, call the cops so they can make a report"

I nod my head but then realize he can't see me. Grayson snickers quietly so I flick his head in retaliation.

"Okay thanks" I'm ready to hang up when he speaks again.