Chapter Forty-Eight

Beginne am Anfang

He was 17, but he was still older then the twins. He was actually about to be 18. He's been trying to get a job, but not many places want a cursed kid to work for them.

Logan and Virgil have jobs. Emily use to have one. Remy is trying to find one. Patton says he doesn't need to worry about a job yet, though he seems to want one as well. Remus won't get one because that would mean being away from Roman, and Roman won't get one because of his wing.

Janus was surprised when Virgil told him about his jobs. Yes, jobs. The emo had more then one. He said he had something big planned, and told Janus what it was.

Janus thought it was very sweet of Virgil, but he doesn't see how he can do it.

And Janus won't say what it is, he promised not to. So absolutely no one gets to know what it is until Virgil decides to tell everyone.

"Don't worry," Roman tried to reassure, but he still looked uncomfortable, "He isn't that bad."

Remus scoffed, but continued to eat his noodles.

Janus scowled, "Hm.."

"What if you didn't stayed at my place?"

Remus' eyes went a bit wide, "Oh shit, that could work. I could sleep on your bed, Princey could sleep on the couch or something."

Roman made a face at the nickname, but was growing to actually like it.

"I don't need someone to care for my pet too," Janus said, feeling better knowing he did at least something to help.

Roman looked nervous still, "Would mom be ok with that? And what about dad, he could technically call the cops and say we ran away.." and they technically were going to.

Remus huffed, "I can talk to him about it, I got it handled," he grinned, "Don't you worry a single feather in your wing, I have a plan."

Roman's wing twitched, "If you say so."

A doctor walked in, a smile on her face, "Do you need any- oh!"

"Dr. Eve!" The twins shouted, setting their food down and rushing to her.

"Oh my," she stumbled back at the hug, "Hello Remus and Roman! I didn't expect to see you two today. Shouldn't you be in school?"

"Roman hurts too much to go to school," Remus said.

"Oh?" Dr. Eve gave the other twin a worried look, "What hurts?"

"It doesn't hurt when I have my wing out, so I'm fine," Roman waved it off, "It only hurts when I hide it for a while."

"Well that's to be expected by everyone," Dr. Eve nodded, "But you only have one. The time you can keep it hidden without being in pain triples.

Roman sighed, "I know.."

Dr. Eve frowned, "I'll give your mother a call to see if she'd like to do an appointment with me, I'd like to check on you."

Remus shook his head, "You'll have to do it in a week, she isn't home. Job thing."

"Ah," Dr. Eve smiled, "I understand. I'll call her in a week then."

Roman and Remus moved away, going back to their food. Dr. Eve smiled kindly at Janus, "Are you good on everything?"

Janus nodded, "No."

"Good," she said, "Oh, and your mother called to see how you were. She wanted me to ask if you'd unblock her and your dad so she can call you."

Janus hissed, "Yes, tell her she can't come see me herself if she's soooo worried."

Remus knew Janus' parents was a touchy subject, so he went to change it, "Uhhhh Dr. Eve!" he picked up an unopened container of rice, "Have so rice! No one eat any out of this one yet, and we have enough food for ourselves."

"Oh I couldn't," Dr. Eve declined politely, "It's your food, I'm fine."

"Please?" Roman asked, "I know doctors and nurses don't get to eat all the time, and some rice won't hurt you."

"Well," Dr. Eve was quiet as she debated in her mid if she should have some or not, "I.. guess I could accept your offer, thank you dearly." She smiled, taking the container.

"You're welcome!" The twins shouted at the same time, Remus adding after, "You'll need to get your own fork. Take some soy sauce packets too! Plain rice isn't too good."

She accepted the packets, "Thank you, and I'll get a fork from the cafeteria. I must leave now, I have a meeting in a few minutes, it was nice seeing you two."

"We'll be here all day," Remus chirped, "So come back soon!"

Roman nodded, "Yeah! We enjoy hanging out with you!"

"I might stop by later," Dr. Eve said, waving bye to the three, "Bye!"

With that, she walked out, leaving the teenagers to themselves again.

"Sooo," Remus clapped his hands, "Who wants to watch The Good Doctor?" he asked with hope.

"Sure!" Roman cheered.

"No, I don't want to watch it," Janus agreed- or disagreed? -scooting over so the twins could lay in bed with him, Remus in the middle and Roman on the left.

Remus pulled the episode they were on, the three eating what was left of their food and watching on his phone, enjoying their time together.

Roman smiled, it was like how it was. Just him, his brother, and his bestfriend. Just the three, before he met the others.

It was nice to hang out with just Remus and Janus.

i've decided i'll go ahead and draw the group! it won't be good, but hopefully it'll be good enough. not sure when i'll get around to it, but it'll happen eventually

!!!STAY INSIDE, BE BORED AND SAFE INSTEAD OF DYING ALONE AND WEAR A FUCKING MASK!!!