46 | Coffee Table

I'm sorry, but...

-11 Years Later-

H A I L E Y

I'm walking inside our house when I see dad and my two idiotic brothers throwing a ball around.

Shirtless.

I gag.

Dad throws the ball and Hay and Hal both go to catch it and fall on top of the coffee table, tipping it and breaking it.

"Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit", they both curse and get off carefully.

"Okay, your mom will be here any second, what were you thinking?!", dad scolds the both of them.

"We have to do something!", I run up to them.

"Uh, okay, dad, order a new table exactly like this", Hal says to dad.

"She'll know!"

"Uhm, how?!", Hay looks at dad.

"She's your mother! She knows everything!", dad whispers loudly.

"Hay, grab a broom", I turn to him.

"I'm not horse food", he grumbles and comes with the broom.

"Hal, clean up the smaller parts until we pick up the bigger parts", dad gives the broom to Hal and we get to work.

Since the table is made of some very strong substance, it takes up quite a struggle to clean it up.

Just as we put everything away, we hear the gate open.

"Okay, we have to distract her enough to get a new one", dad says.

"It'll take 4-5 working days to get a new one delivered", Hal says, scrolling through his phone.

"Frick"

Mom opens the door and walks in, closing it.

"Heyyyy princess!", dad walks up to her and kisses her trying to drag her away.

"Uhm, hi", she smiles at him and then begins her descend to the living room/kitchen.

I see dad and the boys praying for their lives.

"Why's everyone so quiet?", mom raises her eyebrows at us.

"No reason, just...chilling", Hay leans on a pole, slips, and almost falls.

I laugh.

"Okay, y'all are acting very weird. What happened? I know it's not Hailey because she's the most responsible person here"

"What about me?", dad pouts, looking at her.

"Seriously babe, you?", mom tries to hide her smile.

"Hey, hey, I'm very responsible"

"Sure. So, mind telling me wha- ", she stops, looking at the living room.

I see all three males' gulp.

"Where's the coffee table?", mum looks at them.

They gulp again.

"I asked a question. Where. Is. The. Coffee. Table?"

"We w-were playing, and uh, it broke", Hal looks at mom.

"It magically broke?", mom asks sarcastically.

"Dad threw the ball and...w-we both ran t-to catch it, and we fell o-on it", Hay looks at mom.

"How many times, have I told you, to not play inside the house?", she goes to the both of them and squeezes their ears.