Valentine's Day Special

-Back when they were dating-

J E S S

"So, he didn't talk to you the whole day today?", Rachel asks while grabbing a box of cereal.

"Neither did Brent, right?", I look at her.

She mutes herself, coughs for a second before unmuting again.

"Why'd you mute to cough?"

"Oh, so you want me to cough to the mic?!"

"Yeah...no"

"Okay, yeah, Brent didn't talk to me the whole day today either"

"Mhm, sus"

"Exactly. By the way, where are you driving?"

"Just going back home from work"

"Ahh, cool, cool, cool"

"Alright R, I'm here, ttyl?"

"Ttyl, byee love you muah", she ends the call.

I grab all my things and get out of my car, locking it.

Just as I open the front door, I step on a piece of paper. I hand my bag, coat, and keys before grabbing the paper.

Open me, it says.

Ookay...

I slowly open the paper, scared that there might be something in it.

Happy Valentine's Day Princess!!

Now I'm really sorry I didn't speak to you the entire day but I was busy making this amazing surprise for you so yeah, you love me anyways.

Moving on to the good part. You know I love you, so, so much, but just to explain how much, here are 6 reasons I love you, for the 6 months, we've been together.

The first reason I love you... is because you're a bad boss. You never let any negativity that other people say into you, but rather grow better from them. I've seen you break apart, but then you just face the challenges and move on forward.

My heart just did a fucking backflip.

Now dearest princess, if you mind going upstairs...

The note ends there and I look around before running upstairs.

On our bed, lies a beautiful satin red dress and a pair of black platform heels with a 'wear me 😊' tag on top.

I laugh and look around to see no one in sight.

Grabbing my phone, I quickly take a photo of the dresses and send it to Ace.

'Thank you!! <3'

'Of course, baby', he replies then goes offline.

I strip and rush inside my shower, ready to have the shower of my life.

...

Just when I walk out of the shower, I see a note peeking out from under the dress.

How did I not see that?

I dry up and wear a thong and a strapless bra before grabbing the dress and putting it on.

I also pick up the note.

Go to the place where we had our first kiss. Literally, our first kiss.

I giggle, yes giggle, and put on my heels before letting my hair loose and applying a minimal bit of makeup.