25 | Julie

-The Next Day-

A C E 

Julie.

Julie. Julie. Julie.

What does she want?

Just when my life takes a right turn, here comes the devil to whack it all.

"Excuse me sir?", my secretary slowly peeks through my door.

"Yes?"

"There is a Julie here to see you. I tried to send her away but she insisted on me telling you"

Well shit.

"Send her away"

"Ace let me in right now!", I hear someone screech from behind him. I motion him to send her in and he closes the door.

"Oh my god hiii!! How are you?", Julie smiles and comes to hug me.

She's wearing a red dress, barely covering the necessities. I quickly pat her back before moving away.

"I'm doing good Julie; how can I help you?"

She immediately breaks down into tears.

Excuse me?!

What did I do?

"Daddy lost a lot of his money and now I have to work", she whine cries.

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that"

"I hear a position as your personal assistant opened up", she immediately stops crying.

"Huh? Oh yeah, I'm looking for someone"

"Can I apply?"

No!

"Yes, I mean you will have to come to an interview and all-

"I have my resume right here", she grabs a file from her Louis Vuitton bag.

I grab it and open it up.

Woah.

She is really qualified for this job.

And no, I don't think she's lying. Even at school, she'd always get perfect A's for every subject out there.

"Julie...I...you are so much more qualified to work than being my assistant"

"No, but I want to be your assistant"

"I'm sure many other companies would want you and they could pay you a lot more"

"It's fine, I like it here"

I mean, she has more qualifications than any other person who's been interviewed so far and the fact that she really wants to work for me for some reason.

"Okay then, the job is yours", I smile awkwardly at her.

"THANK YOU SO MUCH ACEY", she clings onto me and I slowly push her back.

"Workplace human contact like hugging is not permitted, Julie"

"But you hugged me when I came in!?"

"That was before you were my assistant"

"Oh"

"Now, I have these files that are to be sent over to Eva, just check them up once and she'll do the rest, I'll call my secretary to take you to your cubicle"

"Can I stay here for today? I don't think I can face your workers yet", she says in a nervous voice.

"Uhm...yeah sure. Take a seat on the couch", I lead her and she sits down before bending over and grabbing a file. Very slowly.