Bonus Chapter IX

J E S S

"That's the wrong answer" I shake my head once again and all three of my children groan and bang their heads against the table.

"Oh come one didn't you learn this in like... grade 10 or something?!"

"I can't remember what I ate for breakfast, mother dearest. You expect me to remember what I learned a year ago?" Hay looks at me, raising his eyebrow.

"He's got a point" Halton nods, "Like tod-"

"Minus 23!" Hailey yells, slapping her hand on the table, "Minus 23 is the answer"

I grin, "Yep"

"That is SO not fair!"

"How come she has more brains than us?!"

"Because you both inherited dad's brain and I inherited mom's" Hailey smirks and I chuckle.

Speaking of Ace... he's late than usual.

"Okay, that's enough for today then. Hailey show them how the equation's done and y'all are free"

"POOL. I CALL HOT TUB!" Hayden yells.

"Ah, you piece of-"

I glare at Halton

"Meat..." he mumbles off.

My phone rings and I pick it up, answering the call without looking at who it is.

"Jess? Jess are you okay?!" comes the voice of a very panicked Rachel.

"Hey, Rach... yes I'm fine, why?" I frown.

"Oh my god, oh my you didn't- oh fuck-"

"Rach what happened!?" I sit up straight and the triplets all look at me concerned.

"I just- put on the news and just- I'll call you back-"

"Wait Rach what-" she ends the call.

What the fuck just happened...

H A I L E Y

"Mom? What happened?"

"I don't know... Rachel seemed panicked... just turn on the news will you" she motions to the TV as her phone rings again.

"Hello?... Yes, this is she..."

Halton grabs the remote, turning on the TV. What happens next makes us all freeze.

'Ace Roberts, CEO of Roberts Cooperation and husband of Cosmetics millionaire Jessica Roberts, has been in a car accident not far from the headquarters of said cooperation. He has been immediately transported to the nearest hospital and sources say that there had been a hard hit to his head and the chances of him surviving are very slim. Keep tuned in to chann- ...' everything becomes a blur.

Halton's staring at the screen, and Hayden and I are squeezing each other's hands. Mom is halfway frozen with the phone still to her ear.

"W-What- How... Dad?! No.. what? This isn't... What?" Hayden whispers shakingly.

I run to mom and grab her phone, "What hospital is he in?"

"He's at..."

...

"You go, I'll park the car" Uncle Brent nods and all three of us get out, opening the passenger seat and pulling mom out, the boys on either side of her holding her up.

She hasn't talked since we got the news, and she almost fainted on the way to the hospital, but we somehow got her here. Dad needs mom... and she needs him.