Chp. 30

Baton Rouge📍
Aaliyah 💕
November 7
6:50am

"Good luck baby girl" my dad tells me as he stops the car in front of the school "thanks" I tell him fidgeting with my name plate necklace. I finally get out the car and my dad pulls off. Today I had to come to school earlier than usual for the test.

It's said that this test will take about eight hours. I really studied my ass off tho so it should be easy I hope it is. I push open the door and walk through the atrium to the guidance office where they said we had to meet.

When I walk in everyone is there so I'm the last one. "Alrighty, now that Miss Wilson is here all of you follow me" Mr. Gainey says and walks out of the office with us following close behind. He leads us to the library and tells us to go to the computers. It's only two black people in here and that's me and this junior boy.

I don't know why but anytime I go somewhere I look around and count how many black people I see so that I don't feel weird.

I sit down in a secluded desk with my computer "all of you sign in then hold up your hand when your finished" Mr. Gainey tells us. I sign in then hold up my hand when I'm on the desktop page. When I look around we're all finished "okay now listen closely go to your explore" he tells us and we do.

He goes on to tell us the website we have to go to and gives us our sign in sheet.  After I sign in he tells us what link to click and to start the test. As soon as I'm on the page I click the drop down menu to see how many questions were on there.

My mouth falls agape seeing 85 questions these bitches better be multiple choice I think to myself before clicking on 1 and starting.

3:22pm

"Bye Ms. Wilson have a great afternoon" Mr. Gainey says to me as I get ready to walk out the library. "Bye, you too" I say and walk out into the clear quiet hallway. I turn on my phone while on my way to the student parking lot. A notification from iMessage hits my phone so I tap on it seeing a text from tyquan.

He was telling me to meet him in the gym after I finished so he could take me home. Ty plays basketball and they had practice today. I happily went not feeling like waiting for my mama then having to go grocery shopping right after, yeah I'll pass.

It takes me two minutes to get to the gym. I push open the door and walk in seeing all of the boys running around and doing layups. I go up to the bleachers and sit down on the last one. When I look up I see ty shooting from the three point line and he makes it.

I smile watching him. He's really talented so I know he's gonna make it some day. I pull out my phone and go to Snapchat doing a boomerang then posting it.

5:19pm

Out the corner of my eye I see someone jogging up to me so I look up seeing it's ty. "You ready?" I ask him standing up and he nods "yeah c'mon" he says then grabs my hand. "You look good" he says looking down at me as we get to the double doors and push them open.

I blush and look up at him smiling "thank youuu" I drag and he chuckles. "Say Wea you wanna go to eat?" He asks as we walk down the hallway "ummmm i ain't have no hot wings in a while so let's go to wing stop" I suggest and he nods. "We gon have to go to my house first so I can shower" he says and I nod.

I didn't bother asking why he doesn't shower with the other boys because he told me a while ago that they be on some gay shit sometimes.

We get to the double doors leading outside and he pushes them open. We to his black dodge that he got for his birthday and get in. I shut my door at the same time he does. "How was yo test?" He asks me starting the car and I put on my seat belt.

"Hard and exhausting" I tell him throwing my head back and he chuckles. "Say tho turn on some music" he says and I pull out my phone going to my music. I click one of my favorite songs right now. A few seconds pass before Focus-H.E.R surrounds the car.

"Me....can you focus on me...baby can you focus on meee..me.. hands in the soap have the faucet running and I keep looking at you" I sing  along. "You stuck in your phone now your stuck in your zone" I continue.

I see him smile at me out the corner of my eye but I chose to ignore it.

Ty'Quan

I glance over at liyah hearing her sing. Shawty really got talent. I done liked this girl since last year when she used to wear ha lil baggy clothes and hats. I've always found her attractive. Not just physically but the way she carried her self.

Her intelligence went unnoticed to me. Now I finally have her and ion plan on letting her go. I reach over the armrest and grab her hand intertwining our fingers before kissing it. She blushes and looks out the window.

10 minutes later

I pull into my driveway and park my car before looking in her direction. "C'mon" I simply says before letting go of her hand and getting out. Once she is out I go to her and grab her hand leading us to the house. Ion know why but every since dat night when we kissed I been hooked on ha and I know she feel tha same.

I walk in tha empty house and shut the door behind me "you can come up to my room or sit down here" I tell her as she looks around "I'll stay down here" she says and I nod before walking upstairs.

Aaliyah💕

I sit down on the couch and pull out my phone feeling it vibrate Sage🦋 wants to FaceTime flashes across my screen.

_______________________________

"Hello" I say as the call connects

"Whatchu doin been callin you" she says immediately mugging me and I laugh.

"I told y'all I had to take that test" she nods

"Okay but where you at right now?"

"Ty house waiting on him" her eyes widen before she smirks.

"Whattttt" I drag unintentionally smiling

"Don't what me you and ty ain't slick I be seeing y'all" i laugh at her

"Seeing us doing what?"

"Flirting and rubbing on each other"

I roll my eyes at her and she laughs.

"Just admit it you like him" she says shrugging

I sigh loudly and look around the room before looking down at my phone. "Okayyyy...I like him....- AS A FRIEND!" I yell before bursting out laughing.

"Fuck you! Got me all excited" she yells before hanging up.

________________________________

I shake my head laughing at her anger. Don't get me wrong now. Ty is very attractive and I really do like him I just don't want to rush into things so fast.

Hearing him come downstairs I look up and meet his eyes "let's go" he says and I stand up following him out the door.

7:19pm

I just got home from being with ty. I shut the door behind me and quickly make my way upstairs to my room not in the mood for my moms daily interrogation. I get out my clothes and go to the bathroom being careful not to make a sound.

When I get out I get on FaceTime with the girls which is something we always do.

Lately I've been really happy and it's all thanks to them. I think that with them I feel more secure. I really think that we'll be friends for a long time. As for me and ty tho one day we'll me more.