chapter thirty-seven.

"Nyah?" Mason called from the other side of my bedroom door and I sighed deeply as I stopped the punching bag from swinging.

I wasn't planning to spend the whole day here, but it was too awkward to leave and too weird to be anywhere near him.

"It's open," I called and my bedroom door opened as I continued punching the bag. He closed the door behind him as he sat on my bed and watched me. I glanced at him and he was still shirtless and in a fresh pair of shorts. I focused on what I was doing and the thoughts from earlier clouded my mind.

"Woah, slow down," He said gently as he appeared behind the punching bag and I hit it one last time before stepping back and panting, hard. "What happened in the last three hours that you've been alone up here?" He chuckled and I laughed dryly.

I do not have time for this. He needs to get out of this city.

"Have you decided what you're gonna do?" I asked and he scratched the back of his head and I raised my eyebrow as I pulled off my boxing gloves. "I just decided to leave," He shrugged and I nodded slowly.

Why do I kinda want him to stay?

"Okay, then I guess I'll drive you to the airport tomorrow," I said quietly. "Could I um, stay for the rest of the week?" He asked and I turned around to face him. "I need to tell my parents, obviously." He said and I nodded slowly. "Well, I guess that's okay then," I said as I dried my face and my upper body with a towel.

I hate being sweaty but I can't really get in the shower whilst he's in my room.

"Are you upset cause of earlier?" He blurted out and I gave him a look. "W-Wha- No." I said but failed at attempting to sound confident. "Nyah," He said my name again as he advanced towards me and I backed up against my door. "Stay the hell away from me," I grunted as I threw my slightly damp towel at him and he grinned as he dodged it with ease.

"I just wanna make sure you're okay," He laughed and I glared at him. "You're tryna mess with my brain. Getting me to kiss you and then being weird," I rambled.

"You're the one being weird about it!"

"Shut up!" I whined and he couldn't hold in his amusement.

"Why would you think I'm playing mind games with you?" He asked honestly and I sighed. "Mason come on, are you not seeing what you're doing here?" I asked defeatedly. "Have you ever considered that so might actually like you?" He asked me and I was taken aback. "Huh?" I asked stupidly and he chuckled as he looked at the floor.

"No, no don't do that. What are you talking about?" I asked as I walked up to him. He shoved his hands in his pockets as he looked at me. "What?" He questioned and I shook my head. "What did you just say?" I asked

"I said what"

"No. Before that,"

"Why would you think I'm playing games with you?"

"No Mason, after that"

"I don't know what you're talking about,"

I groaned loudly as I walked away from him and he laughed at me before apologising. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, okay," He said as I walked back to him. "I said, have you ever considered that I might actually like you?" He repeated.